Airport.

Billy kettlefish

I have had two short trips to Europe from Island fail due to cancellations recently.

First was booked with BA and the weather at LCY stopped the onward flight, flight back to IOM sorted quickly and full refund within 48 hours and expenses paid.

Second was with Easyjet, used the Worldwide by easyjet option, never left IOM as LGW was cancelled but DOHOP ( who operate the connection bit)  got all the flights on the booking refunded the next day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

I have had two short trips to Europe from Island fail due to cancellations recently.

First was booked with BA and the weather at LCY stopped the onward flight, flight back to IOM sorted quickly and full refund within 48 hours and expenses paid.

Second was with Easyjet, used the Worldwide by easyjet option, never left IOM as LGW was cancelled but DOHOP ( who operate the connection bit)  got all the flights on the booking refunded the next day.

I’ve started using DOHOP when booking to Europe with easyJet, small extra cost to cover missed connections etc, haven’t had to claim yet!,

• Like 1

What are my chances of getting money back for this...

Daughter has been on holiday in Tenerife.  Flew back to Gatwick last night with Easyjet.  Yesterday morning she got a message from them saying the flight was delayed, and would land at 7:46 meaning she'd miss the flight back to IOM this morning.  I'd booked her flights to the island so stumped up the cash to change the flight to this evening.  She then got another message, many hours later, saying her flight was still delayed but not by much.

She landed at Gatwick 6:00 this morning, plenty of time to have got on the IOM flight as originally planned. Instead she spent the day in an airport hotel and is now on her way back home.

Will I get my £152 back for the flight change which turned out to be both unnecessary and resulting in extra expense? Answers from our forum experts please!

30 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Daughter has been on holiday in Tenerife.  Flew back to Gatwick last night with Easyjet.  Yesterday morning she got a message from them saying the flight was delayed, and would land at 7:46 meaning she'd miss the flight back to IOM this morning.  I'd booked her flights to the island so stumped up the cash to change the flight to this evening.  She then got another message, many hours later, saying her flight was still delayed but not by much.

She landed at Gatwick 6:00 this morning, plenty of time to have got on the IOM flight as originally planned. Instead she spent the day in an airport hotel and is now on her way back home.

Will I get my £152 back for the flight change which turned out to be both unnecessary and resulting in extra expense? Answers from our forum experts please!

Nil I would say. If you have timed screenshots of all the changes you could try but I imagine they will just say you voluntarily changed the flight.

Nothing lost to try though

2 hours ago, wrighty said:

Regrettably, I would suggest the square root of zero unless you're prepared to go to court to argue that your decisions were made on inaccurate information provided by easyjet - but they will claim they were acting on the best information available to them at the time.

Iom post website:

Airmail Disruption 21.06.2023

Our aircraft provider has notified us that due to an issue with the aircraft they will be unable to dispatch mail this evening. Mail will be collected as normal and dispatched as soon as possible.

The time guarantees on Special Delivery and Parcelforce24 have been suspended.

Local to local mail is unaffected.

We will update if any further disruption is anticipated.

Edited by newaccount

38 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

Regrettably, I would suggest the square root of zero unless you're prepared to go to court to argue that your decisions were made on inaccurate information provided by easyjet - but they will claim they were acting on the best information available to them at the time.

Well I've sent them a polite request for a refund, or vouchers, and have included screenshots of their messages. 

I'll report back. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, newaccount said:

Iom post website:

Airmail Disruption 21.06.2023

Our aircraft provider has notified us that due to an issue with the aircraft they will be unable to dispatch mail this evening. Mail will be collected as normal and dispatched as soon as possible.

The time guarantees on Special Delivery and Parcelforce24 have been suspended.

Local to local mail is unaffected.

We will update if any further disruption is anticipated.

RM's "aircraft provider" didn't have a serviceable plane to use at all on the IoM service at one stage last week either.

2 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

RM's "aircraft provider" didn't have a serviceable plane to use at all on the IoM service at one stage last week either.

Probably another reason RM are looking to cancel the mail plane, so unreliable as well as expensive 

EasyJet are cunts in regards compensation claims, end of story.

Flight LPL - IOM 20 March cancelled weather

Left in LPL departures with nobody to liaise with

Overnight hotel, meals & transport all out of own pocket plus 2hrs retrieving bags & organising same 

Rebooked LPL - IOM 21 March 

Claim for expenses rejected

Anyone know IOM traveller rights in this regard?

Presume it’s just the joy of living on such a beautiful Island - add a couple of hundred ££ to a weekend break getting back …..

IMG_9514.jpeg

IMG_9515.jpeg

Edited by Nom de plume
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Nom de plume said:

In my experience, just doggedly keep emailing them. Also if you happen to know anyone else on the flight, check with them. Similar happened to me and I found that others had been paid. As soon as I presented that little gem they soon changed their tune. Sometimes I think it's down to who you're dealing with.

This is in relation to the reasonable expenses - not the EU261 which you won't get for a weather delay.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

EasyJet are cunts in regards compensation claims, end of story.

Flight LPL - IOM 20 March cancelled weather

Left in LPL departures with nobody to liaise with

Overnight hotel, meals & transport all out of own pocket plus 2hrs retrieving bags & organising same 

Rebooked LPL - IOM 21 March 

Claim for expenses rejected

Presume it’s just the joy of living on such a beautiful Island - add a couple of hundred ££ to a weekend break getting back …..

IMG_9514.jpeg

IMG_9515.jpeg

Did you submit the same through the expenses page rather than compensation. They are two distinct processes.

Apologies if you did. 

https://www.easyjet.com/en/claim/welfare