Airport.

Billy kettlefish

26 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I’m relaying, accurately, what the Captain announced.

I had no doubt you were John, I am not one to stick up for Cobb, Pugh and his merry men in any way, but to be fair Easy Jet do use excuses to shift the blame onto others where possible. The break which perhaps affected your flight, looking at the timings, was clearly visible to everyone via the quoted Notam, the late arrival clearly took the flight into that break.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I’m relaying, accurately, what the Captain announced.

I flew the following day and there were several people on my flight who'd also been on with John. They told the same story about the Captain's remarks.

However as @asitis says, this was a scheduled break which happens every day.

The most likely explanation is that the crew  had not read the NOTAM properly. It wouldn't be the first time. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, HappyDay22 said:

most of the easyJet’s delays and issues come down to problems way outside of their realm

No they don’t. EasyJet sacked the vast majority of their staff during Covid and- funnily enough- they now don’t have enough staff. The ones who were treated so badly don’t want to come back for more. Who’d have thought it, eh.

Loganair’s issues are more that they are a relatively small airline and don’t have the spare capacity if anything goes wrong. And that includes if their staff are ill.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Nellie said:

The most likely explanation is that the crew  had not read the NOTAM properly. It wouldn't be the first time. 

The most likely thing is the crew were well aware of the situation, but wanted to make sure that plane was ready for take-off the earliest possible moment that ATC was able to reopen.  But they're not going to tell the passengers "We wanted you stuck in your seats for another 40 minutes so there wasn't the chance that we ended up even further behind schedule".

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Nellie said:

Tonight's Gatwick delayed here overnight. Running an hour late, as usual. Decided he needed more fuel, and couldn't get any. Apparently their request at 22.00 was outwith their agreement with the fuel supplier. EasyJet's fault, everyone entitled to compensation. 

If there’s one flight to avoid regardless it’s this late Gatwick flight. In or out it’s just a lottery. 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 2

On 9/22/2023 at 10:02 PM, SuffolkNGoode said:

Sigh! Digits well and truly in the sink then Stu, typical!

And what about the suggestion you do your job and mention to Cobb it might be a good idea to provide some public update, even if it is, we are absolutely at the airlines mercy!

Sorry old chap, I don’t really understand your banter! Fingers in the sink? I’m not washing my hands of anything. It’s not Gary Cobb’s job to provide updates on EJ flights, that’s down to them. And I’m doing just fine at my job, albeit not with the bombast and bluster you seem to desire. Hint: EJ must hate these cancellations more than you do, every one costs them a fortune.

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

Sorry old chap, I don’t really understand your banter! Fingers in the sink? I’m not washing my hands of anything. It’s not Gary Cobb’s job to provide updates on EJ flights, that’s down to them. And I’m doing just fine at my job, albeit not with the bombast and bluster you seem to desire. Hint: EJ must hate these cancellations more than you do, every one costs them a fortune.

Any there it seems we have it. No suggestion or inclination that Stu Peters is doing anything. Not even a effort it would seem. Good luck getting back in . Seems general across the board ,despite what’s said in manifestos,  counts for nothing when the feet are under the table. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Nellie said:

Tonight's Gatwick delayed here overnight. Running an hour late, as usual. Decided he needed more fuel, and couldn't get any. Apparently their request at 22.00 was outwith their agreement with the fuel supplier. EasyJet's fault, everyone entitled to compensation. 

What an absolute disgrace this is what sort of airline is this ! The island deserves much better . 

• Like 2