Airport.

Billy kettlefish

easyJet have today cancelled around 75 flights to/from IOM in November and December. The biggest hit is on Manchester which goes from daily to four a week for most of that period. There are some cancellations on Gatwick, most of which seem to be on Fridays or Sundays where they initially had three in each direction, which did look like total over supply. 

It represents around 13% of the capacity they had originally put on sale.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Nellie said:

easyJet have today cancelled around 75 flights to/from IOM in November and December. The biggest hit is on Manchester which goes from daily to four a week for most of that period. There are some cancellations on Gatwick, most of which seem to be on Fridays or Sundays where they initially had three in each direction, which did look like total over supply. 

Yes Manchester will have no EasyJet flights on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Let’s see what people do if they want to travel on those days and who think the orange planes are the answer for the island ! On some days it leaves Manchester with just one Loganair flight a day . What a mess ! 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Nellie said:

I'd trade the reduction for a much improved reliable service on the remainder.

As long as you know what you've got to 'work' with you can usually plan accordingly, but when it's cancelled or mostly unreliably late etc. that's when it gets a real pain.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SuffolkNGoode said:

I'd trade the reduction for a much improved reliable service on the remainder.

As long as you know what you've got to 'work' with you can usually plan accordingly, but when it's cancelled or mostly unreliably late etc. that's when it gets a real pain.

That’s fine if you have plenty of time on your hands . Good luck if you are busy and trying to get to and from the island on business . Or have limited time to see family and friends ! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

Went to London last week, via Gatwick. £115 return out Tuesday am back Friday pm. Included seat, 10kg cabin bag and 15kg hold bag. Plus they carried my chair for free.

OK, I’m an EZY plus member, £185 a year, get free seat selection and free large cabin bags. They’d have been another £50. Only have to do 4 round trips every year to be in pocket.

I’m off to Barcelona on Thursday. Those 4 flights I’ve saved £95.

I was booked on the 12.55 to Barcelona, but that’s cancelled due to NATS ATC staffing issues. But I’ve got onto the 16.30.

How far ahead did you book that?

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Gatwick cancelled already ATC issues at Gatwick 

Interesting that the IOM Airport have included the phrase "Please note that currently these are the only flights cancelled by Gatwick's flight cancellation protocol." in their notification to IOM passengers. 

https://www.facebook.com/IsleOfManAirport

Perhaps the penny is finally starting to drop with the management down there, that IOM always gets the shitty end of the stick and that they need to grow some balls and start pushing back?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Nellie said:

Interesting that the IOM Airport have included the phrase "Please note that currently these are the only flights cancelled by Gatwick's flight cancellation protocol." in their notification to IOM passengers. 

Perhaps the penny is finally starting to drop with the management down there, that IOM always gets the shitty end of the stick and that they need to grow some balls and start pushing back?

Or, as I said, given the weather forecast there's no point holding onto this flight today anyway when they've got to cancel a certain number of flights as it is. The wind forecast for later is well above limits, so they may as well get this one out of the way and then look at what else they're going to cancel later on.
Paris has since been cancelled too.

Edited by swoopy2110

1 minute ago, swoopy2110 said:

Or, as I said, given the weather forecast there's no point holding onto this flight today anyway when they've got to cancel a certain number of flights as it is. The wind forecast for later is well above limits, so they may as well get this one out of the way and then look at what else they're going to cancel later on.

I'd agree about the weather factor here, for sure. My comment was more about the Airport management comments, finally starting to question easyJet's actions.

Maybe the fact that easyJet removed dozens of future IOM flights from their schedule yesterday has finally woken them up. 

22 minutes ago, Nellie said:

I'll be intrigued to know the results of the airport consultation process with airlines.

They really need to push for a nightstop if they can.

• Like 4