Airport.

Billy kettlefish

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

It’s aimed at businesses so would be on expenses 

Pricey though. I wonder how it stacks up to a connection via London or Liverpool.

I guess with all recent issues, lost time is a major consideration for business travel now.

Edited by NoTailT

23 minutes ago, HappyDay22 said:

Or £120… with a 2 hour 30 connection each way in Liverpool and London… 

If it goes to London which is very iffy!! EasyJet are also cancelling flights at short notice.

If you priced up via London city it probably won’t be far off

1 hour ago, newaccount said:

image.thumb.png.e2f04bb65fa48c73801af9c7ac39434f.png

You can be sure that when they made up these fares, they will have looked at the financial and time cost of transiting through LGW, LCY, MAN etc. before deciding where to pitch.

When I flew through Ronaldsway a couple of weeks ago, I was aware of a business guy on an adjacent seat who was clearly being surveyed, by phone, about travel between IOM and JER, so may have been connected to this trial. 

Edited by Nellie

8 hours ago, Ringy Rose said:

EasyJet Holidays is now a very important part of their business and so, in the height of summer, prioritising flights filled with EasyJet Holidays customers is going to be what they do. It’s expensive to put up two lots of IOM passengers for a night but if someone loses their entire holiday it’s a whole new ball game.

As the summer holiday traffic dies down, their priorities may well change.

They are trying very hard to grow their inclusive holiday business and I agree that they have caused some ripples by only opening some flights up to 'Holidays' sales, mimicking Jet2.

But a quick dig around the ATOL data shows that only around 3% of easyJet passengers are on an easyJet holiday. Even allowing for the fact that these 3% will be concentrated on flights to/from recognised tourist destinations, overall, it seems pretty unlikely that this will be a material factor when deciding which flights to cancel!

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

Especially in the winter?

The LCY route was ‘vital’ for business too but ended up having to be underwritten. I wonder if this will eventually end up the same if they decide to implement a regular service based on 5 weeks data.

2 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Pricey though. I wonder how it stacks up to a connection via London or Liverpool.

I guess with all recent issues, lost time is a major consideration for business travel now.

More expensive, but less time stuck at airports and travelling.

Our place would rather spend the extra.

Also less chance of disruption as less flights involved .

Edited by CrazyDave
  • Like 1