Airport.

Billy kettlefish

On 11/17/2023 at 7:07 AM, Roger Mexico said:

I'm not sure that the aviation world is recovering that well though - certainly not as fast as it hoped.  The Air Services Review produced in November 2021 predicted:

Combining data and trends from these sources it has been assumed that traffic will recover to:

• 81% of 2019 levels in 2022;
  • 95% of 2019 levels in 2023;
  • 99% of 2019 levels in 2024; and
  • 100% of 2019 levels in 2025.

But actually the 2022 pax figures for IOM were only 65% of 2019.  Most other places recovered a bit better, but Jersey was only 77%, Guernsey 76%, London Airports combined 74% and outside London 76% (figures derived from here)  There has been further improvement in 2023, but the latest IOM-produced figures report a 17.5% increase on 2022, which would be equivalent to 76% of 2019 levels, nowhere near the 95% hoped for. 

The CAA figures for the 12 months to September suggest a UK increase of 35% on the previous 12 months to that (which will of course have included Q4 of the disastrous 2021), while the equivalent IOM-supplied figure is 21%, which suggests a widening gap, but that neither are anywhere back to full health.  I'd need to look at and sum individual months to compare properly with 2019.

A quick back of envelope calculation suggests that easyJet have taken around 17000 seats to/ from IOM out of the system for January, alone. 

That's likely to help to get 2024 off to a poor start, as far as further traffic recovery is concerned.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Nellie said:

A quick back of envelope calculation suggests that easyJet have taken around 17000 seats to/ from IOM out of the system for January, alone. 

That's likely to help to get 2024 off to a poor start, as far as further traffic recovery is concerned.

Yes Bristol removed altogether for first 6 weeks of 2024

10 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

The Daily Mail is interested in IoM news:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12770155/bbc-airport-jeremy-spake-sues-isle-man-government-personal-injuries-stress.html

"Mr Grimson told the court this alleged harassment had been directed to his client by a 'group of individuals in air traffic control'."

Have a few words to describe this guy and none of them pleasant. But hey ho. Knowing our lot he will probably end up winning. First thing I’d want to see is justification of the alleged 110 hours .!! 

1 hour ago, Numbnuts said:

Have a few words to describe this guy and none of them pleasant. But hey ho. Knowing our lot he will probably end up winning. First thing I’d want to see is justification of the alleged 110 hours .!! 

never met the guy so can't really comment but reading some of the stuff about him before he moved to the job it seemed inevitable this is how it would end 

I hope that somebody digs into his background and realises, before any more cash is thrown his way, that he was a chancer with no real qualification to do the job in the first place. 

He claims to have worked 110 hrs a week, yet he contracted in LeMauray (aquantaintace of his from Southend) to do large proportions of this work, then signed it off as his own.  Despite his claimed high workload, he still found time to swan off to the UK to do TV work.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/14/2023 at 5:42 PM, asitis said:
On 11/14/2023 at 2:46 PM, Manx Mole said:

In other news, one of the new qualified ATC appointees has just resigned.

Hmmm still doesn't seem the happiest of places to work, I wonder why ?

The rumour is citing crazy roster hours and bullying ! who would have thought it.

""Mr Grimson told the court this alleged harassment had been directed to his client by a 'group of individuals in air traffic control'."

If Spake has anything close to a case, names will not be named but he will get a payout. If he gets a payout, it does not matter what you think of his competence - the problem lies, and continues to lie, elsewhere (double meaning not intended).

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

never met the guy so can't really comment but reading some of the stuff about him before he moved to the job it seemed inevitable this is how it would end 

I agree. And never met him either but am I am I think a good judge. Need to get some good judges of competence who can read through the bullshit in HR in government. This won’t be last issue regarding staff recruited . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1