Airport.

Billy kettlefish

Why they bothering, all the governments have signed up to be green and there will be no viable flights from IOM once the below takes hold given only flights to hubs to connect international flights will be allowed.
https://www.euronews.com/green/2024/02/23/spains-plan-to-ban-domestic-flights-where-you-can-take-a-train-in-under-two-and-half-hours
But we got a bigger boat now!

Cant see anyone getting a train to Mallorca Menorca or the Canary islands , where they attract millions of tourists each year , air travel is the lifeblood of these holiday islands I used to read Euro news on a regular basis  most of the articles are a wish list  ,that being said the Spanish have an incredible high speed rail network funded mainly  by the EU  it is very efficient  clean and cost effective  transport system  and if you are retired or local resident some fantastic travel deals are available ,

26 minutes ago, Omobono said:

Cant see anyone getting a train to Mallorca Menorca or the Canary islands , where they attract millions of tourists each year , air travel is the lifeblood of these holiday islands I used to read Euro news on a regular basis  most of the articles are a wish list  ,that being said the Spanish have an incredible high speed rail network funded mainly  by the EU  it is very efficient  clean and cost effective  transport system  and if you are retired or local resident some fantastic travel deals are available ,

I'm sorry, I'm afraid this is an English-language forum.

• Haha 1

Still no perfume test strips. Costa staff shockingly rude today. But at least the DEI initiative seems to be coming along well. 

IMG_0613.jpeg

IMG_0614.jpeg

IMG_0616.jpeg

IMG_0617.jpeg

And someone please buy them a pressure washer or at least a sponge and bucket to clean the walkway canopy. Just no pride or care in that place. 

IMG_0618.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

And someone please buy them a pressure washer or at least a sponge and bucket to clean the walkway canopy. Just no pride or care in that place. 

IMG_0618.jpeg

why bother , it will only get dirty again

• Haha 5

On 3/10/2024 at 9:30 AM, Amadeus said:

IMG_0618.jpeg

IMG_0618.jpeg

I hope you're not thinking of blaming Gary Cobb (An inspirational, enthusiastic, results driven leader with proven experience in Aviation) for this.  Please remember that nothing that goes on at Ronaldsway has noting to do with him.

• Haha 4

Edited for typo.

On 3/10/2024 at 9:30 AM, Amadeus said:

IMG_0618.jpeg

Expand  
  On 3/10/2024 at 9:30 AM, Amadeus said:

IMG_0618.jpeg

Expand  

I hope you're not thinking of blaming Gary Cobb (An inspirational, enthusiastic, results driven leader with proven experience in Aviation) for this.  Please remember that nothing that goes on at Ronaldsway has anything to do with him.

• Haha 5

• 2 weeks later...

It seems like Loganair have lost the plot. From May, the 9.25am flight from IOM > MAN on a Sunday has been moved to 12.20pm each week.

In it's place is an 8.05am flight to Heathrow... Which mean's there's now 2 flights to Heathrow on a Sunday, 8.05am and 9.45am

And the two flights to Manchester are now at 12.20pm and 3.10pm

59 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

It seems like Loganair have lost the plot. From May, the 9.25am flight from IOM > MAN on a Sunday has been moved to 12.20pm each week.

In it's place is an 8.05am flight to Heathrow... Which mean's there's now 2 flights to Heathrow on a Sunday, 8.05am and 9.45am

And the two flights to Manchester are now at 12.20pm and 3.10pm

It doesn't seem very sensible, but may be driven by slot availability at Heathrow. 

easyJet MAN will be late afternoon, on Sundays, so they're going up against them too.

• Like 1

IMG_0618.jpeg

You know what I'm thinking, this would just be the place that could do with a bubble gum removal machine. If only we new some one with knowledge of such things or an organisation that owned one or two possibly three, it really is such  a shame that we have no professor who could impart wisdom. 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Nellie said:

It doesn't seem very sensible, but may be driven by slot availability at Heathrow. 

easyJet MAN will be late afternoon, on Sundays, so they're going up against them too.

I agree I strongly suspect it’s something to do with retaining slots at Heathrow they also have two flights on a Saturday morning within several hours of each other there is no way they are needed.