Airport.

Billy kettlefish

1 hour ago, emesde said:

The roads at the airport may be owned by the airport or DOI  but they can still be public roads surely. I'm sure JW will be able to clarify this.

I'm saying this because I was doing some work at a UK airport years ago and was informed that the roads were regarded as being public roads 

The roads in front of the Airport (and on the Freeport etc) don't appear to be designated as part of the road network on IOMG mapping:

image.png.dfc5e770fe0fb70523128e80d86c93ef.png

(such roads are highlighted in various colours above).

The status of roads etc that are part of the Airport appear to be covered by the Airports and Civil Aviation Act 1987 which states:

image.png.af69d15dff31c100ba2ad2ead22a3ada.png

The latter point may be the important one.  If they can't amend the regulations without Tynwald approval, the climbdown may have been forced.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

The roads in front of the Airport (and on the Freeport etc) don't appear to be designated as part of the road network on IOMG mapping:

image.png.dfc5e770fe0fb70523128e80d86c93ef.png

(such roads are highlighted in various colours above).

The status of roads etc that are part of the Airport appear to be covered by the Airports and Civil Aviation Act 1987 which states:

image.png.af69d15dff31c100ba2ad2ead22a3ada.png

The latter point may be the important one.  If they can't amend the regulations without Tynwald approval, the climbdown may have been forced.

That section applies to roadways within the perimeter security fence. The clue is the wording “but to which the public does not have access…” to the end of 4(1)

On 5/31/2024 at 6:38 AM, WTF said:

flight radar 24 tells you where the plane is in  real time , if you can access an airport website you could access flight radar instead , you just need the flight details to find the correct plane to watch.

I think a lot of people do this ... prob is Menzies bag/ground handling also need some kind of tracking device... you can arrive in tandem with the aircraft and still wait 45+ minutes for offloading and bag collection.

13 minutes ago, daisy said:

I think a lot of people do this ... prob is Menzies bag/ground handling also need some kind of tracking device... you can arrive in tandem with the aircraft and still wait 45+ minutes for offloading and bag collection.

Departure loading is prioritised over baggage delivery.

Menzies in the rendezvous lounge use FR24

46 minutes ago, daisy said:

Depends on how many aircraft arrive/depart similar time and also the same staff have to do the passengers requiring assistance/wheelchairs etc so again depends on how many.

With easyJet dropping Belfast & Bristol for 6 months winter there won’t be as many flights 

5 minutes ago, Banker said:

Depends on how many aircraft arrive/depart similar time and also the same staff have to do the passengers requiring assistance/wheelchairs etc so again depends on how many.

With easyJet dropping Belfast & Bristol for 6 months winter there won’t be as many flights 

Yeah I get all of that ... doesn't help trying to second guess whether it will be a 5min or 45min wait though.  I worked at the airport for many years and I have never seen it in such a state.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, daisy said:

Yeah I get all of that ... doesn't help trying to second guess whether it will be a 5min or 45min wait though.  I worked at the airport for many years and I have never seen it in such a state.

Like the Mad Hatters tea party.. "All change" every time there is a new minister or director and apparently no money for any of it.

And that is without CAA mandates that get changed and have to be complied with if not right away then within a reasonable period. Look at the ATC staffing and mandatory breaks etc. effectively closing the airfield for periods in the day. Pity we can't have a qualified locum for the busy summer period.

Manx problems from Manx solutions.

• Like 2

The DOI are the owners and they regulate under the provisions of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1985

Here's an excerpt from the current parking Order for example

image.png.24194bc25193a5dd2860cdd10c47ed5e.png

13 hours ago, lfc84 said:

Departure loading is prioritised over baggage delivery.

Menzies in the rendezvous lounge use FR24

If the rendezvous lounge is open !!!  Was closed due to staffing issues the two times I flew last month.

8 hours ago, mad_manx said:

If the rendezvous lounge is open !!!  Was closed due to staffing issues the two times I flew last month.

Same here: scrap of paper stuck on the door: "closed right now due to...."...except "right now" has been going on for over a month?! Any update?!

8 hours ago, mad_manx said:

staffing issues = shit terms and conditions issues.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Current Executive Lounge Opening Times

Monday to Friday

0600-2100

Saturday

0600-1400

Sunday

1000-2100

Edited by lfc84
  • Like 1