Airport.

Billy kettlefish

6 minutes ago, lfc84 said:

LPL and MAN (tech) cancelled this morning by easyJet

So, in the last 18 hours, or so, that's eight flights out of ten (80%) cancelled and probably around 1400 passengers left scrambling for seats on Loganair or Manannan. Pretty dismal performance by any standards.

Despite what EZY are saying, (unspecified 'exceptional circumstances') the LPL cancellation today was an operational decision as the aircraft assigned last night was sent to Enfidia instead. So they made a decision to operate that flight in preference to IOM. Compensation should be payable.

MAN seems to be a straightforward broken aircraft, although it was fixed in time to go to Bordeaux at 10.40am, so no ambiguity there and it should be payable there too. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Nellie said:

So, in the last 18 hours, or so, that's eight flights out of ten (80%) cancelled and probably around 1400 passengers left scrambling for seats on Loganair or Manannan. Pretty dismal performance by any standards.

Despite what EZY are saying, (unspecified 'exceptional circumstances') the LPL cancellation today was an operational decision as the aircraft assigned last night was sent to Enfidia instead. So they made a decision to operate that flight in preference to IOM. Compensation should be payable.

MAN seems to be a straightforward broken aircraft, although it was fixed in time to go to Bordeaux at 10.40am, so no ambiguity there and it should be payable there too. 

Thank goodness there are alternatives and we have Loganair as well . I know they are not perfect either but it shows how big a problem there would be if EasyJet was the only option. 

1 hour ago, Banker said:

But they’re not here, think emirates are good as well but they’re not here either so not relevant!!!

Emirates will never fly here. Ryanair might one day and is a comparable operator to easyJet 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Does anyone have some background to the reason for the airfield extension? It seems a bit mind-boggling to me.

It is now reported in the press: https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/jurby-public-meeting-planned-to-discuss-airfield/

I thought it was something to do with future planning for global warming, and a sea level rise flooding Ronaldsway ! That's from Mr Cobb. However another madcap scheme to finally bankrupt the island wouldn't surprise me !

2 minutes ago, asitis said:

and a sea level rise flooding Ronaldsway ! That's from Mr Cobb. However another madcap scheme to finally bankrupt the island wouldn't surprise me !

Just build a wall around it, it's good enough for Douglas prom 🤭

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Just build a wall around it, it's good enough for Douglas prom 🤭

They'll probably propose a desalination plant in order to manage sea levels 

• Haha 3