Airport.

Billy kettlefish

6 minutes ago, WTF said:

he wasn't dismissed, he resigned allegedly

Constructive dismissal means that you have been treated so badly that you had no choice but to leave.  That was the point of my earlier post about 'resigning with immediate effect'.  It strikes me that you would only announce that with a CD claim in mind, otherwise you would negotiate an early departure with your employer, or serve your notice.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Apparently he has a new TV contract, more money? It would be pointless to pursue contract issues in the circumstances?

Better to preserve dignity and let him go, plenty more fish..............

He surely must be burned in professional airport management circles now anyway. I’d be surprised if some little TV show pays more than an airport manager job though. Seems like a risky move to me. 

2 minutes ago, Kopek said:

'Little' TV show??? It's reality TV, chart toppers now?

He may end up like the Go Compare Guy?

How much is a deputy airport manager on? 60k? He was on one crappy reality show before. Fake is fleeting these days and unless you’re a big name, you’re not going to roll in dough from a bit of TV work. 

2 hours ago, buncha wankas said:

He may have saved his annual leave and issued it as part of resigning 

Well we were told recently that he had been using his annual leave to make his latest television series (along with weekends, because apparently the Airport shuts then) so it seems unlikely, especially as you would expect a senior position like that to require at least three months notice.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Kopek said:

Better to preserve dignity and let him go, plenty more unqualified fish..............

Fixed....

But maybe his appointment was a "publicity coup"?

That's worked out well....

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

Fixed....

But maybe his appointment was a "publicity coup"?

That's worked out well....

I always thought this was the main driver behind his appointment. Maybe things started to unravel when they realised he wanted to "do things".

• Like 2