Airport.

Billy kettlefish

2 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

You have to think about majority of travellers to London. Most of them don't take check in bags, especially not to City.

I've long said that Loganair would benefit dropping the free bag nonsense if it meant they could genuinely reduce fares.

There's many £20 fares to/from London with Easyjet right now in the near future.

Except that’s just not true. Most seats are Gatwick and with EZY bag policy it’s impossible to go for onward travel or a London overnight without checked in luggage, unless you’re a plus card member.

My last few, pre covid, LCY trips about 50% of the passengers collected bags off the belt.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Except that’s just not true. Most seats are Gatwick and with EZY bag policy it’s impossible to go for onward travel or a London overnight without checked in luggage, unless you’re a plus card member.

My last few, pre covid, LCY trips about 50% of the passengers collected bags off the belt.

Did you actually count them or guess?

I've flown LCY a lot pre-COVID. Usually people running out. No bags. Maybe 1 or 2.

13 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

I've long said that Loganair would benefit dropping the free bag nonsense if it meant they could genuinely reduce fares.

I think this is because the aircraft they use have very limited space in the overhead lockers, so the cabin baggage allowance is 40 x 35 x 18 cm  - anything else has to go in the hold.

On EasyJet I book extra legroom seats so I get a cabin allowance of 45 x 36 x 20 cm plus 56 x 45 x 25 cm. That is enough for me on a few weeks holiday. Perhaps if I needed to take both the white dinner jacket and the black dinner jacket I might have to get a bigger rucksack.

8 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

I've flown LCY a lot pre-COVID. Usually people running out. No bags. Maybe 1 or 2.

It always varies, but you've got to remember that even airports that see themselves as 'business' airports are also local airports.  A lot of people who were going to/from the Island for leisure or family reasons will have wanted use LCY because it is a lot more convenient if you're coming from East London, Essex or wherever.  

16 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

It’s not difficult to see the number of bags and the number of people is more than one or two, or even a handful when it’s so few passengers. And as you were steaming off with your brief case you wouldn’t have been hanging about to see.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, John Wright said:

It’s not difficult to see the number of bags and the number of people is more than one or two, or even a handful when it’s so few passengers. And as you were steaming off with your brief case you wouldn’t have been hanging about to see.

It was a manbag, as Mrs NoTailT calls it, thank you!!!

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

They wouldn't save much. Handling fee for a bag is literally a couple of quid. Peanuts. 

It's more about their headline fares making them look a lot more expensive than EasyJet. Which, unless you travel with a tiny cabin bag, they're not.

EasyJet charge £15-£20 for a large cabin bag, or £25-£30 for an extra legroom seat, or again £25-£30 for a hold bag. Add that to the £40-£50 headline fare and EasyJet often aren't much cheaper.

Judging by my recent trips on EasyJet, with plenty getting charged at the gate for oversized cabin bags, it's obvious people aren't checking the rules and are booking based on the headline fare. So Loganair are putting themselves at a marketing disadvantage.

Edited by Ringy Rose
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, snowman said:

Avoid Manchester for the time being. This is the security queue ...

They're opening T3 at the end of the month. No idea if they will have the staffing to cope with an additional security search....

IMG_20220316_191709.jpg

A few people travelling back to the IOM were in the queue for ages and ended up not making there flight. Easyjet didnt want to know and said its a airport problem. 

7 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

A few people travelling back to the IOM were in the queue for ages and ended up not making there flight. Easyjet didnt want to know and said its a airport problem. 

Well I was on flight & captain waited 30 minutes after scheduling to get more on, originally 45 missing passengers & delays meant it was reduced to 20,

It was absolutely chaos in Manchester with some spending 3/4 hours in security, airport were constantly calling people through for flights which was causing arguments with those who’d been queuing for hours.

We spent 70 minutes in queue & that was in fast track!!

• Confused 1

Manchester has consistently been one of the worst airports where customer experience is concerned. I avoid it whenever possible. 

Last time I had to use it, my bag went to secondary screening because something covered something up on the xray, so they had to put it through again - only for the guy to put it through the same way again and the same error being thrown up again, resulting in the bag going through x-ray a third time. When I commented on that, I got a pissy "everyone makes mistakes" as reply. Except that's literally his only job there and they couldn't manage it. The queue was already huge and they obviously have problems with staff. Looks like classic management failure.