Airport.

Billy kettlefish

36 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

They could give me the contract on a revenue share. You could take 50% commission on what you take at the gate and still make £300K a year for standing in a carpark with a card reader. You wouldn’t need more than two people to run it on a shift. 

To be fair, given how neglected the airport is... we don't we just stand at the barriers in hi-vis anyway and chance it?

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

I assume all the people paid to upkeep it went on full pay over the lockdown through even if they were clearly doing bugger all to upkeep anything? As you say the place is a shabby disgrace. Just like most of the rest of the airport. What have we been paying for over the lockdowns? Staff still paid but nothing clearly serviced or checked or maintained or even tidied. 

Oh the neglect has been going on for far longer than lockdown, once the sexy large scale spending was coming to an end no one was bothered.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, offshoremanxman said:

They had some sort of clear out though. I notice that a Maserati that had been sat on half flat tyres in that carpark for about three years prior to lockdown appeared at auction about 6 months ago. They haven’t been managing that carpark properly for years. 

. They haven’t been managing the airport properly for years.  Fixed for you !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, asitis said:

Oh the neglect has been going on for far longer than lockdown, once the sexy large scale spending was coming to an end no one was bothered.

Perhaps it's time that some questions were asked of Govt HR as to how these people were originally selected for post. Because Govt HR seems to have a bit of a penchant for picking complete turkeys, without Xmas being anywhere near.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Perhaps it's time that some questions were asked of Govt HR as to how these people were originally selected for post. Because Govt HR seems to have a bit of a penchant for picking complete turkeys, without Xmas being anywhere near.

Questions need to be asked at who appointed the HR executive who have been just as bad as appointments!!

However from experience of recruitment there is usually a panel of 3 for senior appointments with the recruiting manager ie CEO of department or minister having final say

On 3/20/2022 at 9:51 AM, fredtosser said:

Sure you are probably aware but you can now do gatwick to central London contactless and all the accessible gates *should be equipped. So no real need to pre book 

When you’re in a chair, carrying a bag, juggling to use a machine, that’s slightly too high, get out your wallet and card, etc is bad enough. But given the Gatwick pay machines are a long way from the only operational lift to the platform used by Southern, it’s a non starter.

Booking ahead, using Trainline app, with all my details entered, and saved, including my rail passes, and preordering ramp availability, is easier