Airport.

Billy kettlefish

7 hours ago, NoTailT said:

A few bods in CAA hi-vis apparently at the airport today.

It may not be connected but I think runway 21 /03 is now open, at least the notam has gone ! Maybe Callister will re contact the BBC with an updated opening date !

6 minutes ago, asitis said:

So it's rumoured, and I guess there's no chance of Aeroflot helping us out now !

How dare you, comrade! The Union is developing a new plane capable of flying Isle of Man to New York in 2hours or so.

Edited by NoTailT
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, flyingpeelman said:

New Flybe website is live. No routes for IOM

3 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Jez fucked that opportunity up too.

2 hours ago, asitis said:

So it's rumoured, and I guess there's no chance of Aeroflot helping us out now !

22 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Don't blame them. Starting a 'new' airline is hard enough. Why complicate it by having to deal with the Clowns in DOI?

Where, that has the possibility of profit, would you have them fly to, from IoM?

We have 90% of our pre covid/pre fail of Flybe Mk1 route network operational.

Pretty poor pickings left. Even Aurigny aren’t doing a weekly trip!

49 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Where, that has the possibility of profit, would you have them fly to, from IoM?

We have 90% of our pre covid/pre fail of Flybe Mk1 route network operational.

Pretty poor pickings left. Even Aurigny aren’t doing a weekly trip!

Pre the Loganair LHR/LCY deal they had a shout of getting a similar sweet deal with GMT cash. 

They also don't seem to shy away from competition as 16 of their 23 new routes are already served by other airlines... whether that will be a wise move remains to be seen. 

It would be nice to see them back on Manchester and boot Loganair off the route. 

Edited by 0bserver

18 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Pre the Loganair LHR/LCY deal they had a shout of getting a similar sweet deal with GMT cash. 

They also don't seem to shy away from competition as 16 of their 23 new routes are already served by other airlines... whether that will be a wise move remains to be seen. 

It would be nice to see them back on Manchester and boot Loganair off the route. 

And back on Birmingham 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

10 minutes ago, forestboy said:

And back on Birmingham 

What do Flybe Mk2 offer, that LoganAir doesn’t, or vice versa? And given Mk2 hasn’t flown yet, how do you know?

My experience of Mk1 and LoganAir is that they were/are equally dire. And between December ‘17 and March ‘20 I flew 120 sectors on Flybe and 10 on Logan.

Just wondering if you’re both suffering from “grass greener” syndrome.

I occasionally hanker for Manx Airlines, but it ain’t going to happen. And fares were astronomical.

2 minutes ago, John Wright said:

What do Flybe Mk2 offer, that LoganAir doesn’t, or vice versa? And given Mk2 hasn’t flown yet, how do you know?

My experience of Mk1 and LoganAir is that they were/are equally dire. And between December ‘17 and March ‘20 I flew 120 sectors on Flybe and 10 on Logan.

Flew many times to Birmingham with Flybe. 
Always good load numbers and punctuality.  
Also good prices