Airport.

Billy kettlefish

I don't understand the negativity for Loganair. I used to fly regularly on the London City route and they were far more reliable operating the wet lease for BACF than Eastern. Admittedly some challenges when they switched from the Saab to the ATR but overall far better. At least they now have a base at Ronaldsway which can only be a good thing. And in addition they have BA codeshare which makes for good onward connections and those of us who collect Avios and BA tier points can do so too. I just hope people will get out there and start encouraging the use of the London City and Heathrow routes its great news for connectivity to London lets make the most of it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Pre the Loganair LHR/LCY deal they had a shout of getting a similar sweet deal with GMT cash. 

They also don't seem to shy away from competition as 16 of their 23 new routes are already served by other airlines... whether that will be a wise move remains to be seen. 

It would be nice to see them back on Manchester and boot Loganair off the route. 

Do you think flybe were better or more reliable than Loganair because it wasn’t my experience or recollection?

Have to admit Logan’s on time performance few months back was poor.

Resorted to having to use Easy recently, but now LHR is re-starting will definitely give that a go as that will be so much easier to get to work. 

Did Flybe suffer operational difficulties- of course! But least they handled disruption better. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, John Wright said:

What do Flybe Mk2 offer, that LoganAir doesn’t, or vice versa? And given Mk2 hasn’t flown yet, how do you know?

My experience of Mk1 and LoganAir is that they were/are equally dire. And between December ‘17 and March ‘20 I flew 120 sectors on Flybe and 10 on Logan.

Just wondering if you’re both suffering from “grass greener” syndrome.

I much prefer the Q400 to the ATR72 or E145 that Logan use. 

There's always a degree of people preferring the old carriers*

Manx Airlines > BA Connect > EuroManx > Emerald Airways > Flybe > Easyjet... and so the cycle continues.

*the probable exception being Manx2/CityWings

54 minutes ago, John Wright said:

And how does that compare with Logan?

I betcha Flybe offer competitive fares.

Loganair is straddled with debt and owners who don't want to plow any more in to it.

Be careful what you wish for. This big Loganair basket, fucking off Eastern and Flybe in the process, could end very messy once again.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

I much prefer the Q400 to the ATR72 or E145 that Logan use. 

There's always a degree of people preferring the old carriers*

Manx Airlines > BA Connect > EuroManx > Emerald Airways > Flybe > Easyjet... and so the cycle continues.

*the probable exception being Manx2/CityWings

Cambrian's Viscounts and BAC 111 were good, though :)

53 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

I betcha Flybe offer competitive fares.

Loganair is straddled with debt and owners who don't want to plow any more in to it.

Be careful what you wish for. This big Loganair basket, fucking off Eastern and Flybe in the process, could end very messy once again.

I’m not wishing for anything between Flybe Mk2 or LoganAir or EZY. My expectations are low..

I’m just looking on with wonderment at the rose tinted clamour for Flybe, an airline also saddled with debt, owners who wouldn’t inject more cash and punctuality issues.

Im also watching the blame Jez suggestions. just to be clear, I’ve no time for him. But Mk2 aren’t serving JSY & GSY either.

Im trying to understand the anti LoganAir attitude.

We've a small market. That’s what dictates.

• Thanks 1