Airport.

Billy kettlefish

I think it is confirmed that there will be no light aircraft for TT this year, and everything else will be on slot times for arrival and departure. Gonna be interesting when many of the riders used to arrive by light aircraft, particularly the Irish boys !

Great advert for the IOM ! I guess we are reaping what government sowed by employing absolute bullshitters in management positions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, snowman said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/government-effort-to-stimulate-new-interest-in-islands-air-routes/

"Flybe didn't approach the Isle of Man"

Will be reaching out to new airlines and existing

"To my knowledge."

You know that's political speech for deniability if he gets caught lying by some evidence, right?

Since when did aviation development fall in to DFE camp rather than DOI anyway?

• Haha 2

Came back through airport this morning, still doing the landing cards until Friday so a number of people thought they had gone & were having to complete paper forms crammed into a little space.

4 members of staff doing the checking etc, 2 scanning, 1 handing paper forms out & 1 helping people fill in the forms.

that 4 staff members who should be able to do other work from Friday!!

37 minutes ago, Banker said:

Came back through airport this morning, still doing the landing cards until Friday so a number of people thought they had gone & were having to complete paper forms crammed into a little space.

4 members of staff doing the checking etc, 2 scanning, 1 handing paper forms out & 1 helping people fill in the forms.

that 4 staff members who should be able to do other work from Friday!!

4 workers who’s contracts end on Thursday? Surely?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, asitis said:

Also this morning told of infrastructure problems at the airport which have been ignored by management for six years and are now critical !  The whole place is a rudderless mess.

What problems? 

• Like 1

Just now, ellanvannin2010 said:

Not sure you could say it is entirely out of their control.

Combination of  bare minimum normal staffing levels and low pay will not help the situation

It’s a Ryanair announcement. So it’s not in their control.

5 hours ago, asitis said:

I think it is confirmed that there will be no light aircraft for TT this year, and everything else will be on slot times for arrival and departure. Gonna be interesting when many of the riders used to arrive by light aircraft, particularly the Irish boys !

Great advert for the IOM ! I guess we are reaping what government sowed by employing absolute bullshitters in management positions.

if they fly overhead and declare an emergency that will magically fix itself once on the ground will they be able to land here ?

Edited by WTF
  • Haha 1