Airport.

Billy kettlefish

10 hours ago, IOM said:

The enhanced connectivity is set to deliver GDP growth of £123 million per year by 2025 and support 1,200 jobs.

And this is why it’s important to have strong air connections to London . Do people really believe the Isle of Man could even begin to reach anything like this if we only had randomly timed EasyJet flights to Gatwick ? 

Once again get out there and encourage friends family and business to get booking flights and let’s see more people on the island . 

Also: The Jersey Government has been active in encouraging passenger flights to and from the island. In July 2020 it gave a soft loan of £10 million to regional airline Blue Islands in return for it moving its operating base to the island

10 hours ago, Ringy Rose said:

General Aviation handling is carried out by the Jet Centre or Rendezvous, both private companies happy to help anyone on payment of the appropriate charge.

The two words that are the problem in respect of smaller aircraft visiting the island, are "appropriate charge". Now there is nothing else to handle them, the appropriate charges are just not ... appropriate. In one companies case many many times what would be appropriate !

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Amadeus said:

FFS , yet another change which if new suppliers selected who have put in low bid will mean existing staff being sacked & having to reapply for jobs with new companies probably at lower rates to justify lower tender!!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Banker said:

FFS , yet another change which if new suppliers selected who have put in low bid will mean existing staff being sacked & having to reapply for jobs with new companies probably at lower rates to justify lower tender!!

Or it was a fixed term contract and they have to advertise as it reaches the end, or things have got so bad that notice given to the current lot.

As for that second option, my experience of PRM assistance at the boarding gate at Gatwick on my recent trip was that it’s much, much, worse than here, in terms of experience, lack of airline specific regulations awareness, poor training and customer skills.

I was tired, but nearly reduced to tears and meltdown by their actions.

I was able to point out the relevant CAA Safety Notice and EasyJets own policy statement on Li-ion batteries in the hold. They were having none of it. Damaged one of the battery connectors taking them out. EasyJet policy is that they can remain “attached” to the chair. Then refused to allow me to fold the chair and insert into its protective carry case. Put in hold fully upright and with the joystick exposed to damage ( not being paranoid - Flybe fucked up the joystick on one trip ).

Anyway, I’ve submitted reports to easyJet and Gatwick. I’ll wait and see.

They need to get there act together sharpish if Rob's department vision of 500.000 arrivals are even remotely to be achieved. Its like, what comes first , chicken or the egg. Muddle through and piss off loads of passengers or sort the whole sorry situation out before you ramp up possible arrivals. Barriers , luggage trolleys , parking and management down there along with ATC needs to be priority . My bets are its going to be the muddle through option. 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, asitis said:

It will be interesting to find out why they don't have room to park an 88 seater, it seems to me there is lots of space on the apron !

Yes and in previous TT times , particularly senior race day they would be hundreds of small private planes parked up and for many years the 10 red arrow's Hawks. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Numbnuts said:

Yes and in previous TT times , particularly senior race day they would be hundreds of small private planes parked up and for many years the 10 red arrow's Hawks. 

But that was all before we appointed aviation experts to take charge !

• Like 3

11 hours ago, asitis said:

It will be interesting to find out why they don't have room to park an 88 seater, it seems to me there is lots of space on the apron !

So, who do we blame now? Seeing Jezzer and Annie have gone, and we’ve spent a decade blaming one or the other, for everything airport.

27 minutes ago, John Wright said:

So, who do we blame now? Seeing Jezzer and Annie have gone, and we’ve spent a decade blaming one or the other, for everything airport.

Quite rightly too, the airport is the epitome of a mismanaged organisation where the major function has been forgotten whilst dreaming of expansions and grandeur. Like the dreadful experiences you yourself have alliterated, that shouldn't be happening in a customer focused environment, however the user / customer has not been part of any equation both in respect of investment and ongoing management. The culture of any organisation is largely set from the top and the culture of the airport is badly misaligned. As a daily user, it has deteriorated almost daily into one farce following another. We need a director who realises what the function of an airport is and how to make that pleasant and efficient, then and only then can we hope to maximise however many numbers may use the facility !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

38 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Annie was there far too too long and more than long enough to fuck the place up to the extent that who ever comes in next will have years worth of shite to try and clean up and unfuck to get the place back to where it was before awful annie arrived.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, WTF said:

Annie was there far too too long and more than long enough to fuck the place up to the extent that who ever comes in next will have years worth of shite to try and clean up and unfuck to get the place back to where it was before awful annie arrived.

One of the questions being of course, why could those to whom she answered not see that this was going on? Particularly as she had some "previous" in this?

Her and Spake may have gone but there are still some people with questions to answer who are still around.

• Like 5

Just now, Non-Believer said:

One of the questions being of course, why could those to whom she answered not see that this was going on? Particularly as she had some "previous" in this?

Her and Spake may have gone but there are still some people with questions to answer who are still around.

cos they were the ones who put her there in the first place so it would mean admitting a mistake on their part and she will have bullshitted her way through them when the cracks started to appear with tales of knowing how to sort things with her magic fix all duct tape.

• Like 2