Airport.

Billy kettlefish

50 minutes ago, WTF said:

Annie was there far too too long and more than long enough to fuck the place up to the extent that who ever comes in next will have years worth of shite to try and clean up and unfuck to get the place back to where it was before awful annie arrived.

It is indeed surprising that she stayed so long and was not headhunted by a major international airport.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

So, who do we blame now? Seeing Jezzer and Annie have gone, and we’ve spent a decade blaming one or the other, for everything airport.

Me. It's my fault.

It's about time someone took responsibility for the failures there.

Happy to do that, as I'm as qualified in airport management as that Spake chap ever was.

• Haha 4

17 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Additional info on the football charter...

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/wythenshawe-fans-charter-flight-scrapped/

As previously highlighted. Issue caused by Ronaldsway.

That's just a rehash of what they said on Twitter.

Handling is done by Menzies or the Jet Centre, neither of which are the airport. Do they have the staff? And do they have the staff at the times Wythenshawe wanted to fly?

The airport is pretty busy now. On a Friday teatime there are four EasyJets, a Loganair and an Aer Lingus all going within 90 minutes. So it's all hands on deck, meaning there is likely to be no staff available later. And we know Menzies are tight on staff, like every ground handling agent is. 

I still think it is more likely that Wythenshawe are talking rubbish.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Ringy Rose said:

The airport is pretty busy now. On a Friday teatime there are four EasyJets, a Loganair and an Aer Lingus all going within 90 minutes. So it's all hands on deck, meaning there is likely to be no staff available later. And we know Menzies are tight on staff, like every ground handling agent is. 

6 Flights, How the devil were they going to manage Annies 2.5 million passengers a year ? There must have been a secret plan !

Edited by asitis
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ringy Rose said:

That's just a rehash of what they said on Twitter.

Handling is done by Menzies or the Jet Centre, neither of which are the airport. Do they have the staff? And do they have the staff at the times Wythenshawe wanted to fly?

I still think it is more likely that Wythenshawe are talking rubbish.

I think we all know they aren't talking rubbish. Nobody mentioned an 88 seat aircraft as far as I'm aware apart from Manx Radio, so it appears they did do some actual journalistic research.

As I said, my understanding is that the objection came from the airport itself. The Jet Centre is not allowed to handle an aircraft of 88 seats, it can ONLY be done at the main terminal. I'm sure if it was a handling issue they could have rehashed the flight times to work around capacity. I also don't get the 'nowhere to park overnight' touted by the airport.

Edited by NoTailT
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

One of the questions being of course, why could those to whom she answered not see that this was going on? Particularly as she had some "previous" in this?

Her and Spake may have gone but there are still some people with questions to answer who are still around.

Well you have to acknowledge that Anne was a consummate bullshitter, in fact a maestro in the art. Couple this with not too sharp politicos, and a reluctance to accept any form of accountability, and you have the perfect storm !

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NoTailT said:

The Jet Centre is not allowed to handle an aircraft of 88 seats, it can ONLY be done at the main terminal. I'm sure if it was a handling issue they could have rehashed the flight times to work around capacity.

Menzies only have a certain number of staff, if they're all tied up at peak periods then there's no spare capacity when the scheduled flights aren't running either, with working hours restrictions. I can well believe that there isn't the staff to handle the charter, we all know Menzies are already short on numbers.

"Nowhere to park" sounds a bit odd, but is likely to really mean there's nobody to fuel the aircraft, or tug the aircraft around the airport, or even drive the bus to the gate.

It'll be really simple: there isn't the capacity at peak times, and there isn't the staff at quiet times. Not everything is a massive conspiracy orchestrated by Loganair, you know.

Take a scheduled airline. Sounds like most Wythenshawe fans have. It'll be cheaper, too.

Edited by Ringy Rose

Just to give a heads up to any regular users of the easyJet Gatwick service. On Thursday's across the Summer the evening flight to IOM has an odd flight number EZY6485 It is usually EZY855.

It turns out that this is because, on Thursday only, this flight will depart from the South Terminal. 

No idea why, but this is sure to cause some confusion. That said, the boarding pass readers in North Terminal will prevent passengers getting airside at the wrong terminal. 

3 hours ago, Nellie said:

Just to give a heads up to any regular users of the easyJet Gatwick service. On Thursday's across the Summer the evening flight to IOM has an odd flight number EZY6485 It is usually EZY855.

It turns out that this is because, on Thursday only, this flight will depart from the South Terminal. 

No idea why, but this is sure to cause some confusion. That said, the boarding pass readers in North Terminal will prevent passengers getting airside at the wrong terminal. 

The boarding pass will state the terminal

7 hours ago, Ringy Rose said:

"Nowhere to park" sounds a bit odd, but is likely to really mean there's nobody to fuel the aircraft, or tug the aircraft around the airport, or even drive the bus to the gate.

It'll be really simple: there isn't the capacity at peak times, and there isn't the staff at quiet times. Not everything is a massive conspiracy orchestrated by Loganair, you know.

Essentially failure to prepare for coming out of the pandemic. 

Rendezvous Lounge closed

Costa don't take gift cards or loyalty card and has run out of some items

Departure lounge full. Very few free seats if any seats.

Bar doesn't have soda water for the wine

Queue for the bar is almost at the security search area doors

Edited by snowman

1 hour ago, snowman said:

Rendezvous Lounge closed

Costa don't take gift cards or loyalty card and has run out of some items

Departure lounge full. Very few free seats if any seats.

Bar doesn't have soda water for the wine

Queue for the bar is almost at the security search area doors

Shambles then just like the rest of the place. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

People sat in the floor now. No objection to the departures being clustered together as they are now. It's a popular time to fly. But the airport needs to be able to accommodate the influx that takes place within a short period of time.  Despite all the above gripes, still prefer to travel at this time rather than any other

Edited by snowman