Airport.

Billy kettlefish

As far as I know there is some difference of versions as to the reasons why ....

ATC have said it is not of their doing as all leave is cancelled and they could cope.

They have also said there was no one to do the handling. Meanwhile someone who wanted to do the handling and had had meetings with Spake about it, is very disappointed they are not given the opportunity to do so !

It smacks of no one taking charge of the situation and nothing 'managed' to get it up and running. The fuellers had also arranged to have a facility on the South side of the airport.

Just another balls up at Shamblesway !

• Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

ATC must really be on its arse? It’s not exactly the world’s busiest airspace. 

It would seem the right time to stream out airspace to Liverpool, and just concentrate on approach and departure ?

Last I recall we don't have any radar services atm. All local.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, asitis said:

As far as I know it's for all TT not just senior race day, anything under 5000kg not accepted everything else slot timed.

Well I’m sure if prince William or some other VIP wanted to fly in for races that it would magically be possible!!

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, asitis said:

As far as I know there is some difference of versions as to the reasons why ....

ATC have said it is not of their doing as all leave is cancelled and they could cope.

They have also said there was no one to do the handling. Meanwhile someone who wanted to do the handling and had had meetings with Spake about it, is very disappointed they are not given the opportunity to do so !

It smacks of no one taking charge of the situation and nothing 'managed' to get it up and running. The fuellers had also arranged to have a facility on the South side of the airport.

Just another balls up at Shamblesway !

That's my impression too, talking to some pilot pals. It's as though someone who is making these decisions has it in for the TT AND the airport!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Banker said:

Well I’m sure if prince William or some other VIP wanted to fly in for races that it would magically be possible!!

Or if, say, Lewis Hamilton wanted to touch down the wheels in "out of hours" to avoid a couple of  million in VAT payment...?

Edited by Non-Believer
Typo

17 hours ago, asitis said:

It smacks of no one taking charge of the situation and nothing 'managed' to get it up and running.

It also has the faint whiff of the sort of "told you so" stoppages / cancellations / backlogs that some in public sector organisations tend to engineer when they don't get their way. I know nothing of the running of airports, but this smacks of something beyond mere incompetence. Am I being too cynical?

Edited by Yibble
Typo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Yibble said:

It also has the faint whiff of the sort of "told you so" stoppages / cancellations / backlogs that some in public sector organisations tend to engineer when they don't get their way. I know nothing of the running of airports, but this smacks of something beyond mere incompetence. Am I being to cynical?

Not my job , not getting paid for that decision etc etc is my bet . 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Yibble said:

It also has the faint whiff of the sort of "told you so" stoppages / cancellations / backlogs that some in public sector organisations tend to engineer when they don't get their way. I know nothing of the running of airports, but this smacks of something beyond mere incompetence. Am I being to cynical?

There's definitely something untoward.

This can't carry on.

• Like 3

Just employ a company to run Ronaldsway on a 2 year trial contract. It literally cannot get any worse than it is being ran at present. 

Maybe there's a reason things seemed to run better when fares were slightly more expensive? 

Edited by 0bserver

52 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Just employ a company to run Ronaldsway on a 2 year trial contract. It literally cannot get any worse than it is being ran at present. 

Maybe there's a reason things seemed to run better when fares were slightly more expensive? 

Eh? Fares are more expensive now than pre-COVID and its certainly gotten worse in the last 5yrs.

Crap Wi-Fi, no catering to speak of, no draught, no TV and plane delayed at least 50 minutes (however that's an aside from the remainder, for which I'm not sure there's much excuse?)

Oh, and of course folk are turning up 2-3 hours before a flight to this level of who gives a fuckery.

• Sad 1