Airport.

Billy kettlefish

18 hours ago, NoTailT said:

He's been pushing for IOM Gov to buy in to Aurigny for the past 12 months... very friendly. Over friendly. Plus they likely said he could keep handling the reservations ie to his benefit.

I heard Brian Kelly on Manx Radio this morning I really dont think he understands the London market. He says Gatwick is a more natural fit and he supports the loss of the Heathrow flights based on the fact they do more short haul flights.

I would make make the following comments

1) A lot of travel to London is for people who live and work in the London area why else did London City get circa 4500 passengers a month pre pandemic. For people living in north London and out to Bedford/Amersham , and the west of the country Gatwick is a long onward travel

2) A lot of short haul travellers don't go through Gatwick they use either Liverpool or Manchester

3) Gatwick is already served by the current Easyjet service so another there is not required better either Heathrow or London City 

4) He went on to say Heathrow flights since November have been largely empty has he not realised the borders were closed until a few weeks ago! 

Total and utter nonsense. Sadly with people like him peddling his sort of misinformed view it will be harder to put in place the right long term solution for the Isle of Man.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, IOM said:

I heard Brian Kelly on Manx Radio this morning I really dont think he understands the London market. He says Gatwick is a more natural fit and he supports the loss of the Heathrow flights based on the fact they do more short haul flights.

I would make make the following comments

1) A lot of travel to London is for people who live and work in the London area why else did London City get circa 4500 passengers a month pre pandemic. For people living in north London and out to Bedford/Amersham , and the west of the country Gatwick is a long onward travel

2) A lot of short haul travellers don't go through Gatwick they use either Liverpool or Manchester

3) Gatwick is already served by the current Easyjet service so another there is not required better either Heathrow or London City 

4) He went on to say Heathrow flights since November have been largely empty has he not realised the borders were closed until a few weeks ago! 

Total and utter nonsense. Sadly with people like him peddling his sort of misinformed view it will be harder to put in place the right long term solution for the Isle of Man.

See my reply above just before yours.

Problem is that Kelly is one of the old boys that gets called upon. A little dickie bird told me that he's involved in a recent complaint involving the former Enterprise Minister now el Presidente.

Travel agencies are a thing of the past. The only thing that will keep his business alive is keeping an involvement with PTS and that involves discrediting Loganair at any avenue... they do deserve it most of the time mind.

But he's talking shit. As per. He doesn't get it.

I have just had to rebook my London flight in August on Easyjet. Already on certain days the return ticket fare is £250 and this is before I add seats which I could book myself on BA/Loganair. Same thing happened when flybe went into administration the so called 'budget' airline was charging £600 for a return flight to Liverpool. How anyone can think this is the answer is beyond me! 

A real deterioration in air services for London for the sake of the island someone needs to get round to resolving this very quickly . Madness!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

A genuine question - who is Brian Kelly; what is his qualification for espousing aviation policy on the Island and who does he represent?  I've never heard of him.

He's one of the Island's "senior" travel agents. Operates a couple of local outlets.

Aviation policy? Errrr......

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, IOM said:

I have just had to rebook my London flight in August on Easyjet. Already on certain days the return ticket fare is £250 and this is before I add seats which I could book myself on BA/Loganair. Same thing happened when flybe went into administration the so called 'budget' airline was charging £600 for a return flight to Liverpool. How anyone can think this is the answer is beyond me! 

A real deterioration in air services for London for the sake of the island someone needs to get round to resolving this very quickly . Madness!

Loganair should rebook under the provision of EU261

23 minutes ago, snowman said:

Loganair should rebook under the provision of EU261

Not where there is more than 4 weeks notice I think, or maybe its 2 weeks, can't remember.

But their claim of being no suitable alternative we all know is rubbish.

Edited by NoTailT

4 hours ago, Utah 01 said:

A genuine question - who is Brian Kelly; what is his qualification for espousing aviation policy on the Island and who does he represent?  I've never heard of him.

He represents Brian Kelly.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, fredtosser said:

Talk out of the Airport at the moment is that Jez is back and telling all he is going to turn one of the car parks into a fast food drive through to make it pay its way. 

He'd be some use in charge of a McDonald's I guess !

• Haha 1