Airport.

Billy kettlefish

16 minutes ago, ed fournier said:

Our 21.05 Easyjet flight to Gatwick was cancelled this evening because of air traffic control issues at Ronaldsway.  

The end of what should have been a nice weekend away…

Not accurate, according to their flight tracker. Delayed overnight not cancelled. Reason for delay differs to your post

IMG_20220414_235109.thumb.jpg.121cca8a37710703eac61c3b43a68747.jpg

Edited by snowman

22 minutes ago, ed fournier said:

Our 21.05 Easyjet flight to Gatwick was cancelled this evening because of air traffic control issues at Ronaldsway.

It goes tomorrow at 11am. 

It also left Gatwick 45 minutes late, and not for the first time. I suspect they need to look at their scheduling as they seem incapable of getting that flight out of Gatwick on time. 

5 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

Scarce resources will always cost more, whether that's on-island or off-island. But I think I know which way I would vote.

Staff cost money. Makes no odds if the staff are sitting in Swanwick or sitting in Ronaldsway. They need the same wage, the same training.

I can see why remote ATC is useful for remote airports in the Highlands or the Arctic Circle which have literally two flights a day.

At bigger airports, of which IOM is one, it's a solution looking for a problem. HIAL aren't doing remote at Inverness, for instance.

Edited by Ringy Rose

7 minutes ago, snowman said:

IMG_20220414_235839.thumb.jpg.c4d2598e0a829ca5b880ae862985cd24.jpg

I was going off FlightRadar24:

Screenshot_20220414-230044_Flightradar24.thumb.jpg.2d8e42ffe51548eb1d832fb0cab7c970.jpg

It's fair to say EasyJet are cutting it fine with this flight, as the airport is only scheduled to be open until 21.15.

FlightRadar also shows that Loganair have been doing the LCY landing training today. Not quite so good that they cancelled the afternoon Manchester rotation in order to do it...

Edited by Ringy Rose

1 hour ago, Ringy Rose said:

It goes tomorrow at 11am. 

It also left Gatwick 45 minutes late, and not for the first time. I suspect they need to look at their scheduling as they seem incapable of getting that flight out of Gatwick on time. 

They have struggled for years to get this 855 flight out of Gatwick on time, in the Summer timetable period. It leaves Gatwick at a busy time, and it is also vulnerable to accumulated delays on earlier flights.

in past years they have ‘got away with it’ because Ronaldsway have been able to accommodate departures well after 22.00 (presumably on payment of extension fees) but now, that wiggle room seems to have gone.

As you say, easyJet probably need to look at their scheduling. 

7 hours ago, Ringy Rose said:

At bigger airports, of which IOM is one, it's a solution looking for a problem. HIAL aren't doing remote at Inverness, for instance.

it isn't a bigger airport though, it is just declared as one by the egos in charge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, snowman said:

My easyJet flight on the 7th has been rearranged for the 6th. So it's Loganair instead now. No email from easyJet. I just spotted the distruption in the app

It’s great that you have Loganair based on island as an option isn’t it allowing you to switch so easily . Remember that when you post as you have done recently how wonderful EasyJet are and how bad you think Loganair are ! 

9 hours ago, Nellie said:

They have struggled for years to get this 855 flight out of Gatwick on time, in the Summer timetable period. It leaves Gatwick at a busy time, and it is also vulnerable to accumulated delays on earlier flights.

in past years they have ‘got away with it’ because Ronaldsway have been able to accommodate departures well after 22.00 (presumably on payment of extension fees) but now, that wiggle room seems to have gone.

As you say, easyJet probably need to look at their scheduling. 

But so many of you ( including you ) constantly post that they are a brilliant airline ! Am surprised your post is not a ringing endorsement as it normally is ! 

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, IOM said:

It’s great that you have Loganair based on island as an option isn’t it allowing you to switch so easily . Remember that when you post as you have done recently how wonderful EasyJet are and how bad you think Loganair are ! 

They're both problematic.

My flight on Monday from Liverpool with Loganair has been cancelled and I've been rebooked on an alternative flight. For reasons I won't disclose here it's a right PITA. 

So when it comes to cancellations, they've both caused me problems recently

Edited by snowman