Airport.

Billy kettlefish

6 minutes ago, snowman said:

Last weekends news regurgitated it looks like.

I imagine they will have had the meaningless "sorry for any inconvenience caused" at the time too

Edited by ellanvannin2010

1 minute ago, snowman said:

Yes Loganair will have issues to deal with and I certainly don’t suggest they cannot do better . All I ask is that you take a balanced view and recognise that a choice of airlines and options provides the best outcome ( as I have consistently said ) rather than slavishly posting EasyJet are wonderful ! 

34 minutes ago, IOM said:

Yes Loganair will have issues to deal with and I certainly don’t suggest they cannot do better . All I ask is that you take a balanced view and recognise that a choice of airlines and options provides the best outcome ( as I have consistently said ) rather than slavishly posting EasyJet are wonderful ! 

Slavishly?

My post above about my easyJet cancellation, clearly contradicts what you've just wrote 

1 hour ago, IOM said:

But so many of you ( including you ) constantly post that they are a brilliant airline ! Am surprised your post is not a ringing endorsement as it normally is ! 

That is complete nonsense. If you do your research properly, you will see that I have never called any company 'a brilliant airline'. I have regularly acknowledged that easyJet have an important role to play in the Island's connectivity, but they don't always get it right, from the Island's (or the passengers') perspective.

The point of my post last night was that the ongoing ATC issues at Ronaldsway seem to have created an imperative for them to run the evening Gatwick service on time, otherwise they risk unplanned night stops, and a lot of expense and reputational damage.

Based on past Summers, they will struggle to achieve this, and maybe the end game will have to be a revised schedule.

To be fair to everyone, when their schedule was published, many months ago, no-one could have foreseen that Ronaldsway would descend to the level of a third world airport quite so effortlessly.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, snowman said:

Slavishly?

My post above about my easyJet cancellation, clearly contradicts what you've just wrote 

I refer to your numerous previous posts not todays ! I have a very good memory take a look back if you can’t remember! 

2 minutes ago, Nellie said:

That is complete nonsense. If you do your research properly, you will see that I have never called any company 'a brilliant airline'. I have regularly acknowledged that easyJet have an important role to play in the Island's connectivity, but they don't always get it right, from the Island's (or the passengers') perspective.

The point of my post last night was that the ongoing ATC issues at Ronaldsway seem to have created an imperative for them to run the evening Gatwick service on time, otherwise they risk unplanned night stops, and a lot of expense and reputational damage.

Based on past Summers, they will struggle to achieve this, and maybe the end game will have to be a revised schedule.

To be fair to everyone, when their schedule was published, many months ago, no-one could have foreseen that Ronaldsway would descend to the level of a third world airport quite so effortlessly.

I would refer you to any number of your previous quotes over recent months scroll back if you can’t remember! 

I too recognise that EasyJet have an important role to play to satisfy a group of people on the island but I also believe the island needs options and a once a day service to Gatwick was insufficient for the London market . Thankfully something has been done about that now . It’s a shame so many of you could not see beyond orange planes but am equally glad some of you are now using a mix of red and orange! 

And for the record and the avoidance of doubt I think all airlines need to be putting their customers first and ensuring reliable services ! 

12 minutes ago, IOM said:

It’s a shame so many of you could not see beyond orange planes

That started politically in 2006, when Easy effectively finished Flybe who had 4 aircraft and crew based here (Finished Flybe in island terms). The problems with low cost airlines in our small market were highlighted to Government who had only considered the upsides but were not prepared to consider any possible downsides too !

Easy are fine, but our market is not big enough for them, nor can it be increased, as we don't have the catchment areas of larger airports in the UK. Having said that, the others then are scratching around for fares based on what easy can't undercut or at times Easy don't fly.

I am a firm believer that open skies is a nonsense with our limited market, I am fully aware of what aviation costs, and don't see how multiple airlines can hope to operate a route and stay in business for long. I don't profess to have the answers. What I do know is despite employing highly salaried 'aviation professionals', there has not been any forward strategic thought as to how to manage, both the expectations and needs of the airlines, and the expectations of the travelling public.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, WTF said:

it isn't a bigger airport though, it is just declared as one by the egos in charge.

Compared to Sumburgh and Kirkwall it is. In terms of numbers it's about the same size as Inverness, where HIAL aren't putting in a remote tower.

58 minutes ago, Nellie said:

The airport shuts at 21.15. They don't guarantee to open any later. This is a long-standing issue.

The aircraft stays in Gatwick all day, I can only assume the delays are crewing.

I hope they're OK next week as I'm on the 21.05.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

Compared to Sumburgh and Kirkwall it is. In terms of numbers it's about the same size as Inverness, where HIAL aren't putting in a remote tower.

The airport shuts at 21.15. They don't guarantee to open any later. This is a long-standing issue.

The aircraft stays in Gatwick all day, I can only assume the delays are crewing.

I hope they're OK next week as I'm on the 21.05.

This problem has been there since EZY started service LGW in the summer and they have seemingly never been able to run it to time consistently.

Why they are unwilling to  do the late rotation in the summer at the same time as they do in the winter schedule is a bit of a mystery.

The aircraft for most of the week does do other things in the day eg 11th April it did Faro and Belfast first. Thursday is a strange one as it is a different flight number and terminal in LGW but it had been to LPA earlier in the day (and was late).

I am hoping that the forthcoming LCY service by Loganair will be much more reliable than it was last time with the ATR42

Edited by ellanvannin2010
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, asitis said:

That started politically in 2006, when Easy effectively finished Flybe who had 4 aircraft and crew based here (Finished Flybe in island terms). The problems with low cost airlines in our small market were highlighted to Government who had only considered the upsides but were not prepared to consider any possible downsides too !

Easy are fine, but our market is not big enough for them, nor can it be increased, as we don't have the catchment areas of larger airports in the UK. Having said that, the others then are scratching around for fares based on what easy can't undercut or at times Easy don't fly.

I am a firm believer that open skies is a nonsense with our limited market, I am fully aware of what aviation costs, and don't see how multiple airlines can hope to operate a route and stay in business for long. I don't profess to have the answers. What I do know is despite employing highly salaried 'aviation professionals', there has not been any forward strategic thought as to how to manage, both the expectations and needs of the airlines, and the expectations of the travelling public.

Well Jersey have multiple airlines albeit a larger population, they have easyJet, BA flying to Gatwick & heathrow, Jet2 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well Jersey have multiple airlines albeit a larger population, they have easyJet, BA flying to Gatwick & heathrow, Jet2 

It is about 20,000 more population which I don't think explains the difference entirely, the story was that BA had lots of Gold/Black card holders there.

They do have a tourist industry though.

1 hour ago, Ringy Rose said:

I know that the airport closes at 21.15, but in previous years (until 2019) there were numerous occasions (probably running into hundreds) where the EZY856 departed after this time, and many where it was after 22.00. Presumably the airport was able to support the airline by staying open later, and keeping the necessary resources, including ATC, open. Who paid for this, I don't know. But it does look as if we are losing that flexibilty, and something will have to give.

Your second point is not generally true. You can easily see from FR24 (and @ellanvannin2010has given some examples) that it usually does several rotations before the IOM, and gets back back to Gatwick from it's previous flight at around 18.30-18.40, so there is little room for delays during parking, ground handling, taxiing etc. 

2 hours ago, IOM said:

I would refer you to any number of your previous quotes over recent months scroll back if you can’t remember! 

You are either living in some sort of parallel universe, or (more likely) just making stuff up. As I said, I have never referred to any organisation as "a brilliant airline".

2 minutes ago, Nellie said:

You are either living in some sort of parallel universe, or (more likely) just making stuff up. As I said, I have never referred to any organisation as "a brilliant airline".

I can assure you I do not live in a parallel universe . You might not have used those specific words but take a look back and some of your responses  to my posts over time ! Quite a lot of posters including you have been very quick to criticise my comments about multiple airlines and options particularly to London . Thankfully we now have what I suggested and many said would never happen . And it seems some of you are now waking up to what I was saying . 

• Haha 1