Airport.

Billy kettlefish

56 minutes ago, Bandits said:

Funny how we can suddenly find pointless barriers when the civil servants want them

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/barrier-to-stop-people-going-against-one-way-at-creg-545418

Ahhhh but the barrier firm had a offer on , buy one get one free so when they purchased the airport barriers .........bingo. .. you think they know there different barriers , probably not .

2 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Ahhhh but the barrier firm had a offer on , buy one get one free so when they purchased the airport barriers .........bingo. .. you think they know there different barriers , probably not .

We'll probably end up needing an app to get onto the Mountain Rd...

• Haha 1

Is it just me or are the security staff at Rudealways exceedingly unpleasant? I’ve been through Gatwick, Luton, Heathrow, Burgas & a Greek airport in the past 6 months and without a shadow of doubt the security in the IOM is the worst. I’ve had my bag emptied and searched (while not being allowed to have my shoes back, thus having to stand on the cold floor), yesterday one of them barked at me to move over to the other side, which I would have done before being asked had there not been a family with a pram blocking the way! Then as I was about to remove my belt etc, the agent behind the counter ordered me to take off my boots, which I would have done without being told but after I’d put my other things in the tray. They’re so abrupt, there really is absolutely no need for it.

Is the Isle of Man being targeted by terrorists? Minimum wage Walters are the biggest threat to security…

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, 2bees said:

Is it just me or are the security staff at Rudealways exceedingly unpleasant? I’ve been through Gatwick, Luton, Heathrow, Burgas & a Greek airport in the past 6 months and without a shadow of doubt the security in the IOM is the worst. I’ve had my bag emptied and searched (while not being allowed to have my shoes back, thus having to stand on the cold floor), yesterday one of them barked at me to move over to the other side, which I would have done before being asked had there not been a family with a pram blocking the way! Then as I was about to remove my belt etc, the agent behind the counter ordered me to take off my boots, which I would have done without being told but after I’d put my other things in the tray. They’re so abrupt, there really is absolutely no need for it.

Is the Isle of Man being targeted by terrorists? Minimum wage Walters are the biggest threat to security…

As I have said many times the place has been ruined by people who have no idea what customer service should look like, the ethos came from the top where the only concern was development whilst the place went to hell. !

• Like 5

I’m genuinely disgusted, obviously I have to pass through Rudealways before I can go anywhere else & because I live here, I have to return through other airports. Other airports have pleasant security staff, the Isle of Man airport is the only place I’ve ever had to take off my boots (they’re sheepskin with soft soles). There was a scutch of customs people there yesterday too - doing? Who would take anything off the Isle of Man? The only naughty thing leaving this place is the odd dickhead drug dealer with £10k cash - oooooh crime of the week, really? Who even cares? 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, 2bees said:

Never had any issues with staff at airport, you must look a bit dodgy!!

Manchester is by far the worst or try being stroppy in a UAE airport & see how friendly they are!

• Like 2

You must have been lucky, everyone I’ve spoken to says the Rudealways staff are the worst they’ve encountered.

I’ve never been stroppy in an airport, I’m polite and nervous. is Dubai UAE? Been there a couple of times and never had a problem.

20 minutes ago, snowman said:

Part of the problem is being told to separate stuff and spread it out. 

So you empty the bag....put stuff in two trays and then get told, no, put it in 3 trays.

Pre pandemic it was two trays. Why is it 3 now ?

I used to put my ipad alongside my small bag in one tray because it fit without obstruction.

Last three times through IOM its been three or sometimes four damn trays. Bag/coat sometimes not allowed together, then toiletries, then laptop/ipad.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NoTailT said:

I used to put my ipad alongside my small bag in one tray because it fit without obstruction.

Last three times through IOM its been three or sometimes four damn trays. Bag/coat sometimes not allowed together, then toiletries, then laptop/ipad.

start using a tray for each individual item ????