Airport.

Billy kettlefish

8 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Last three times through IOM its been three or sometimes four damn trays. Bag/coat sometimes not allowed together, then toiletries, then laptop/ipad.

Yes they have a tray obsession. The other day it was iPad and phone in two separate trays which basically just looked to me like an excuse to be awkward.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, fredtosser said:

Gatwick have been trialling a new scanner where all goes through in the bag without separation. It was much better than the normal lines.

We can all moan on here when the gov spank millions on them. 

I don't think anyone has a problem with Government spending our money on stuff to make life better for everyone. The moaners (me included), object to paying taxes for many, many years, and watching the waste and vanity , that our government are simply expert at, pouring funds down the drain, which could otherwise provide far better front line services for everyone. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, asitis said:

I don't think anyone has a problem with Government spending our money on stuff to make life better for everyone. The moaners (me included), object to paying taxes for many, many years, and watching the waste and vanity , that our government are simply expert at, pouring funds down the drain, which could otherwise provide far better front line services for everyone. 

FWIW I’m not disputing that the airport is an utter shambles and I quite agree with you.

More that there is a better solution which they will inevitably through more money at.

The carpark at Ronaldsway is genuine anarchy, they couldn’t make it worse if they tried. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, fredtosser said:

Gatwick have been trialling a new scanner where all goes through in the bag without separation. It was much better than the normal lines.

We can all moan on here when the gov spank millions on them. 

Amsterdam and Singapore have had those since pre-covid times, and plenty of other places no doubt!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, finlo said:

What exactly did we get for the one hundred million squandered down there?

Two pimped up CVs and a third world airfield. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Pretty foggy out, it was worse coming over the top of ballamodha than all the smoke from the fires on Peel beach.

they should never have gotten rid of the approach lights  out to sea at the northern approach to the runway   most pilots will tell you they were a real help in poor visibility , but I thought all this expensive radar provided some form of improved ALS ,

Easy Jet must be brassed off with flights diverted once again , 

very poor !

I'm not sure we could upgrade the landing minima to cope with all fog conditions, but with certainty, getting rid of the gantry made the limits worse ! Again if you put people in charge who know sweet Fenella Adams about the operational requirements of aviation, then don't be surprised that those items were a long way down the wish list ! 

I hope the new director has oodles of common sense if so they just might be able to improve all matters relating to getting bums on aircraft seats !

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Well....if it's any consolation I guess that Messrs Reynolds and Spake could now be working their contractual/consultant miracles on other airports so we might end up with a reputation no worse than anywhere else....

• Haha 1