Airport.

Billy kettlefish

6 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

It's a car park. Just a car park. But they need to have a 12 month trial, because they are not sure if...  well, what is it that they are not sure about?

In my opinion they should install cheap, interior-use barriers, and replace them every 14 years. Low cost, but will produce exactly the same income as with the high-tech read-your-eyeballs systems.

Exactly its not rocket science its a car park pay system as used in millions of car parks. Used in lots of languages and money systems. It doesn't need to be made complicated. It makes us look like a backward nation wanting a 12 months trial for this new fangled invention. 

15 minutes ago, snowman said:

I wonder how many people rebooked on to tonight's service were on the cancelled flights from Sunday

IMG_20220503_195834.jpg

Putting the passengers up in London tonight will be expensive I bet! Saw a private jet from Manchester couldn't land either.

2 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

I still don't know what is wrong with touch card as alternative.

What about cheques for those without the other means or those who would prefer? You could pay for your parking in advance based on your flight departure/ arrival times plus say an hour either way and get electronic card  or whatever, to get you through the barrier to exit. Sure  there will be delayed flight departures and arrivals so not perfect but why not?

9 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

What about cheques for those without the other means or those who would prefer? You could pay for your parking in advance based on your flight departure/ arrival times plus say an hour either way and get electronic card  or whatever, to get you through the barrier to exit. Sure  there will be delayed flight departures and arrivals so not perfect but why not?

Is there a bank account that doesn't have a card?

5 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Is there a bank account that doesn't have a card?

Possibly not.

Mine has both a card and a cheque book. 

I pay the window cleaner by cheque. Why shouldn’t I pay for my airport parking by cheque if I don’t have a smartphone and can’t use use Manx coins?

If I’ve understood things right paying by card won’t be an option. I stand to be corrected 

Edited by The Voice of Reason

5 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Possibly not.

Mine has both a card and a cheque book. 

I pay the window cleaner by cheque. Why shouldn’t I pay for my airport parking by cheque if I don’t have a smartphone and can’t use use Manx coins?

If I’ve understood things right paying by card won’t be an option. I stand to be corrected 

Do you pay for your flights by cheque?

And yes there should be a machine inside to pay by card

• Like 1

Just now, ellanvannin2010 said:

Do you pay for your flights by cheque?

And yes there should be a machine inside to pay by card

No I pay for my flights by card.

Yes there should be a machine inside to pay by card/ cash as there was before the barriers broke.

But my understanding is that it will be an app only system. As I said, my understanding might be wrong

2 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Mmmmm worrying that the barriers are on trial for 12 months. Any money on they won't work out and miraculously be replaced with a coin one which accepts manx pound coins !!

Ohhh and the through baggage isnt anything new as used that option many times through to Bangkok with flybe / Etihad and its a brilliant bonus. Say goodbye to your bags at Ronaldsway and through to pick up at Bangkok. With the bonus of the 30kg luggage allowance with my guest card .   

Through checked (International) baggage (not possible via Manchester at the moment). Possibly not until at least July.

2 hours ago, cheesypeas said:

Through checked (International) baggage (not possible via Manchester at the moment). Possibly not until at least July.

Thanks , due to Covid etc haven't travelled to Bangkok since 2019 but did it prior to that loads.  

2 hours ago, cheesypeas said:

That stung me on a through ticket I had with BA. IOM-MAN-LHR-BOS before Heathrow has obviously started direct.

Had to recheck my bags in Manchester, Loganair flight delayed. BA desk in Manchester had just closed as I turned up with Mrs NoTailT sweating after the run. Thankfully they reopened.