Airport.

Billy kettlefish

The answer here is to travel by boat.    Much more convenient all around especially if going to the Pool or further on by train.   Just 30 mins check in, a decent amount of luggage, Pier Head far nearer to Lime Street Station and a much more relaxed and pleasant journey. I prefer it , hate airports with inadequate seating and having to walk miles to reach the terminus the plane flies from, kids kicking the hell out of the back of your seat and whining, toilets so compact you have to be double jointed.   I cannot wait for the new boat to arrive and hope to live long enough to have a trip on it.   

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

The answer here is to travel by boat.    Much more convenient all around especially if going to the Pool or further on by train.   Just 30 mins check in, a decent amount of luggage, Pier Head far nearer to Lime Street Station and a much more relaxed and pleasant journey. I prefer it , hate airports with inadequate seating and having to walk miles to reach the terminus the plane flies from, kids kicking the hell out of the back of your seat and whining, toilets so compact you have to be double jointed.   I cannot wait for the new boat to arrive and hope to live long enough to have a trip on it.   

don't go by boat in July the fares are  more expensive than flying  and in access of £100  return as a basic  foot passenger , ,it seems anywhere the government have influence the traveling public are fair game to be screwed over , this has to be a big NO NO  for growing the Islands tourism sector !  

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Omobono said:

don't go by boat in July the fares are  more expensive than flying  and in access of £100  return as a basic  foot passenger , ,it seems anywhere the government have influence the traveling public are fair game to be screwed over , this has to be a big NO NO  for growing the Islands tourism sector !  

It’s nothing to do with government ownership. It’s been like this for 25 years, or more. You’ve chosen a busy weekend, Southern 100 and Tynwald day weekend. Demand is high.

And by the time you’ve paid for bags on the plane it’ll be twice as much as the foot passenger fare on the ferry, where bags go free.

• Like 1

On Mannin Line today a frequent contributor reckons there could be a case for an age discrimination query regarding the compulsory usage of apps to pay for parking.    There was also a company mentioned that can supply machines that do either or.    It looks as if Tim has not done his homework on this one or perhaps the chosen one was the most expensive so therefore must be the best..hopefully.   

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

On Mannin Line today a frequent contributor reckons there could be a case for an age discrimination query regarding the compulsory usage of apps to pay for parking.    There was also a company mentioned that can supply machines that do either or.    It looks as if Tim has not done his homework on this one or perhaps the chosen one was the most expensive so therefore must be the best..hopefully.   

Wasn't there a similar argument when they tried to make the busses cashless?

2 hours ago, hissingsid said:

Sounds to me like the solution has already been chosen, probably by a child, and is having to be defended! 

• Like 1

Tim Crockall says it's "impossible" to find a coin reader for the barriers at the airport...

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/impossible-to-get-manx-coin-ticket-machine-546376

So I wondered how "impossible" it is to source such a contraption. A very swift search provides an answer.

https://microcoin.com/

There are loads of companies which will tailor to currency counting devices. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, quilp said:

Tim Crockall says it's "impossible" to find a coin reader for the barriers at the airport...

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/impossible-to-get-manx-coin-ticket-machine-546376

So I wondered how "impossible" it is to source such a contraption. A very swift search provides an answer.

https://microcoin.com/

There are loads of companies which will tailor to currency counting devices. 

There we go. coin and touchcard, sorted. 

I wonder why the app system is being so pushed?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1