Airport.

Billy kettlefish

What absolute nonsense about barriers and payment machines! Yes, apps are available for use in uk car parks (shopping centres) alongside cash/card machines for those without a smart phone, or/ and internet access, or can’t be arsed with all the faff of downloading and having to access an app when needed on the odd occasion. Lots of car parks, including one in Douglas and Ramsey, have ANPR to clock cars in and out. Big fail is they have barriers on the way out so that if you haven’t  paid, you can’t get out! So all the rubbish about no barriers ??

Payment machines can be calibrated to take different coins - do they really think we believe that a uk manufacturer only makes cash machines for the uk market?

And have they taken into account the cost of the phone helpline that was mentioned too.. presumably this is a rota of at least 3 staff 24/7? Including double time on weekends and bank holidays… 

This is bullshittery at its best - “we’ve bought some new shiny kit because we could, now we have to come up with different reasons for using it until they believe one of them” Get real DOI, we’re not stupid. And the latest is that this will be trialled for 6 months?? What then? Stop wasting money we don’t have and actually THINK first 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

I see the Jeremy Fella  ,was on BBC last night fawning over his new television series about Heathrow and the pandemic , 

he actually said he was airport director on the isle of man during this time  and some days there was only an old lady on a medical flight , with all that time on his hands and probably on full pay you would have thought he could have organised some maintenance work and sorted out the car park and other areas , 

do you think we should ask for our money back ?    I know I feel cheated  the place is a disgrace !

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Omobono said:

He actually said he was airport director on the isle of man during this time  and some days there was only an old lady on a medical flight , with all that time on his hands and probably on full pay you would have thought he could have organised some maintenance work and sorted out the car park and other areas.

I saw that TV interview too. It looks to me that we all paid for “Jez” to have a nervous breakdown on full pay over lockdown. And now he’s back in the limelight he’s out to trash the IOM. He’s an odious little tosser clearly. But like any reality TV subject. He seems to be able to make an ok living out of being an odious little tosser.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bandits said:

I saw that TV interview too. It looks to me that we all paid for “Jez” to have a nervous breakdown on full pay over lockdown. And now he’s back in the limelight he’s out to trash the IOM. He’s an odious little tosser clearly. But like any reality TV subject. He seems to be able to make an ok living out of being an odious little tosser.

question is who was his line manager during this time,  and why was he allowed to get away seemingly scot free and no accountability ,   I do hope it doesn't turn out  we actually paid him off, that would be a travesty ,but its the Isle of Man were talking about and some incredible things are happening that really defy all logic ,

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Omobono said:

question is who was his line manager during this time,  and why was he allowed to get away seemingly scot free and no accountability ,   I do hope it doesn't turn out  we actually paid him off, that would be a travesty ,but its the Isle of Man were talking about and some incredible things are happening that really defy all logic ,

I would bet we paid him off. He never really massively slags us off like some sort of mutual agreement is in place. 

36 minutes ago, Bandits said:

I would bet we paid him off. He never really massively slags us off like some sort of mutual agreement is in place. 

Who the hell appointed him in the first place, he was no more qualified to run an airport than my dog !

Personally love seeing Jez and his 'team' big each other up between his own account and their new advisory business account on Twitter.

Thanks 'team'? Isn't it him and Annie?

I've never known anywhere that only uses apps for parking, even in major cities. They're designed to work alongside traditional methods. We will no doubt be finding out some 3rd party had won a juicy contract to enforce this, because it means the car parks will need regularly patrolling now too.

Edited by NoTailT
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

And now the Heathrow flight canceled this afternoon!

its like a comedy of errors down there , and it is  doing damage to the reputation  of the isle of man,  when is someone with the paid responsibility  going to wake up and do something about it ,