Airport.

Billy kettlefish

55 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I'm not sure who that came from and it's clearly implausible.  It takes a lot of time to make factual television - especially with a lot of travelling involved - and judging from his twitter a lot of the filming was done after Reynolds left and he was nominally in charge. They then had to draft in a retiree - who seems to have quite quickly gone off sick.  So the place really did have no one in charge - though those working there were presumably only too glad to have Spake out from under their feet.

This behaviour may have finally been the reason they needed to ease him out, though he clearly was an embarrassment from appointment.  As was pointed out at the time he appeared to have no qualifications or experience and you now suspect that he was only there with Reynolds' backing, as she didn't want to recruit someone better qualified or more competent as a Deputy.  As usual Treasury/Cabinet Office/HR should have stopped it but didn't.

On the basis that he has now set up a 'consultancy' business with Reynolds, they presumably remain best buddies. So it seems improbable that she was involved in the alleged 'bullying' and it seems likely that this occurred after she (and also Black) had left.

So we can speculate that what he decided to perceive as 'bullying' came from either the Acting Director or the Acting CEO's office. In reality, they probably just asked him to start doing his job properly, or set him some performance objectives which he knew he couldn't deliver on.

I left a query on the Transform MOC Twitter, asking if they were the same bull-shitters who had turned IOM Airport into something from the Third World and I was blocked within 30 seconds. It seems that they aren't too proud of their achievements to date!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

I'm not sure who that came from and it's clearly implausible.  It takes a lot of time to make factual television - especially with a lot of travelling involved - and judging from his twitter a lot of the filming was done after Reynolds left and he was nominally in charge. They then had to draft in a retiree - who seems to have quite quickly gone off sick.  So the place really did have no one in charge - though those working there were presumably only too glad to have Spake out from under their feet.

Agreed it’s very clear that the IOM taxpayer paid him to do this series when he was supposed to be running our airport. Clearly yet another lack of oversight by our 69 HR ‘professionals’ in Human Resources. He’s literally taken the piss out of the Manx taxpayer. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nellie said:

I left a query on the Transform MOC Twitter, asking if they were the same bull-shitters who had turned IOM Airport into something from the Third World and I was blocked within 30 seconds. It seems that they aren't too proud of their achievements to date!!

Jezza's 'Media Team' never sleeps.

2 hours ago, Nellie said:

I feel a challenge coming on. I can’t imagine a more incompetent airport transformation team tendering for consultancy than Reynolds and Spake. All they need now is to bring Ray Harmer and Nick Black on board to help out with the project planning to make the shittest airport consultancy ever. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Bandits said:

Agreed it’s very clear that the IOM taxpayer paid him to do this series when he was supposed to be running our airport. Clearly yet another lack of oversight by our 69 HR ‘professionals’ in Human Resources. He’s literally taken the piss out of the Manx taxpayer. 

Perhaps it's time that the "69 HR professionals" underwent some type of assessment for diligence, competence and suitability for post. Or is their recruitment based on mates, family and cronies too, perhaps?

• Like 2

Another reminder of what happens when the local authority underwriting stops.

Millions pissed away on unsustainable routes by yet another local authority to Loganair. Following in the footsteps of Carlisle and Newquay.

Isle of Man story to be told in <12 months I'd say.

Edited by NoTailT
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Another reminder of what happens when the local authority underwriting stops.

Millions pissed away on unsustainable routes by yet another local authority to Loganair. Following in the footsteps of Carlisle and Newquay.

Isle of Man story to be told in <12 months I'd say.

Ok so your plan is just have EasyJet only ? 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, IOM said:

Ok so your plan is just have EasyJet only ? 

No.

I'd prefer to have an airline that knows effective yield management and can therefore entice passenger loads that mean we aren't pissing away taxpayers money.

Be it easyjet or anyone else.

You can't ignore how Loganair has made their business in the last 3 years. Fly where the subsidies are. When they stop, go elsewhere.

Edited by NoTailT
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, NoTailT said:

No.

I'd prefer to have an airline that knows effective yield management and can therefore entice passenger loads that mean we aren't pissing away taxpayers money.

Be it easyjet or anyone else.

You can't ignore how Loganair has made their business in the last 3 years. Fly where the subsidies are. When they stop, go elsewhere.

Ok so who are you proposing ? I assume you have a long list of suggestions and know all about them and their capabilities so please do share . 

2 minutes ago, asitis said:

I just don't get how route subsidy, i.e. paying for empty seats ensuring a load minimum, can possibly work with open skies when operators compete for bums on seats ?

Seems to me madness !

So are you saying just leave it to EasyJet or you want closed skies ? Sorry I just don’t understand what you all think is the solution other than the island being operated by EasyJet only but maybe I am missing something.