Airport.

Billy kettlefish

5 minutes ago, IOM said:

So are you saying just leave it to EasyJet or you want closed skies ? Sorry I just don’t understand what you all think is the solution other than the island being operated by EasyJet only but maybe I am missing something.

Loganair need to learn to compete on the open market, rather than relying on subsidies to do so.

If they can't compete, they should go away. Prime example: yesterday, Loganair combined 2x Manchester and 1x Liverpool flights. 48 passengers total coming to us across the 3 on Loganair.

Easyjet Manchester, 148 passengers.

Easyjet Liverpool, practically full.

Same with cancellations to London City and combining flights. Its making the Island and the airline look pretty stupid.

Open skies means open market. Let the market figure it out, don't prop up insanity.

Edited by NoTailT
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, IOM said:

So are you saying just leave it to EasyJet or you want closed skies ? Sorry I just don’t understand what you all think is the solution other than the island being operated by EasyJet only but maybe I am missing something.

I don't profess to know the solutions, I thought we had consummate professionals to make those decisions. No I don't think easy jet are a good thing, not with our market size. I agree Easy are good for the consumer, but the point I was making is consumers on cheaper seats on easy, are paying via taxes for the empty seats on Loganair !

It is this dichotomy that makes no sense to me.

Here's the official press release (Manx Radio removed the Tim Glover quotes to protect the sensitive or easily bored).  It does say: Anyone who doesn’t have a smartphone can pay by calling a number and providing a card payment over the phone, sending a text message, paying online or by asking for assistance at the information desk inside the Isle of Man Airport building.  

Though there's nothing to explain exactly how to do these things and of course the non-app users are likely to be the least tech-savvy.  The whole thing looks like a dog's breakfast and you suspect enforcement will be difficult and confused at best.  The priority is presumably being seen to do something, rather than having something that works well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

There is no description of what penalty will apply if you exceed the time booked. If there is no penalty, you might as well wait until you get back before paying what is necessary.

What if you are close to landing, but once again the aircraft turns around and goes back to Gatwick - and your park time has expired. It is not possible to update the app while in flight.

This is a mess. It looks like some people have had a bad experience with RingGo -  maybe that is why the gov. like it:

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www.myringgo.com?msclkid=1d527ebacfb211ec88c6085e48b8fd0c

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Loganair need to learn to compete on the open market, rather than relying on subsidies to do so.

If they can't compete, they should go away. Prime example: yesterday, Loganair combined 2x Manchester and 1x Liverpool flights. 48 passengers total coming to us across the 3 on Loganair.

Easyjet Manchester, 148 passengers.

Easyjet Liverpool, practically full.

Same with cancellations to London City and combining flights. Its making the Island and the airline look pretty stupid.

Open skies means open market. Let the market figure it out, don't prop up insanity.

So given EasyJet marginally cost to the Isle of Man as it’s easy to add on against longer routings and fully optimise crew time the market as you so indicate will leave you with EasyJet. And then once that’s happened the frequency will drop and fare prices will rise because they have no competition as happened with London . 

If you want that then fine prepare for lower visitor numbers and lower business investment on island . Then prepare to pay more in tax . 

Looking at the fees it seems £60 is the maximum. 

Does this mean you can book your car in for 365 days  for £60              If you are a regular user that sounds a good deal. Just over a pound a week.  They obviously aren't investing in "anpr" cameras  to clock cars in and out. I guess they have to have extra staff to monitor disc and check that cars haven't overstayed but hey ho I'm sure this is a well planned operation that will soon pull back the half million pounds they have lost in the last 13 months by not having any system in place🤔

• Haha 2

Just looked at the reviews on their app page.

Looks pretty good   3 % liked it and only 97%   thought it was a really bad system. Obvious to see why this one was chosen then after a year of in depth research. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5