Airport.

Billy kettlefish

29 minutes ago, emesde said:

You wonder if any research was done at all into a suitable solution. Looking at the user reviews of people using this system, as I said before there is a 97%dissatisfaction. 

Many of the complaints are bordering on unprofessional conduct by the app owner. Extra fees, payment for messages, wrong vehicles being charged, app not working etc etc. They look like a very poor choice and makes you wonder why they are being talked up by the DOI

I certainly wouldn't want to give these people access to my credit cards. Although the Government have given us little option if we want to use the car park for more than an hour disc parking. 

What?  Surely not!  Commercial parking companies have such a high ethical reputation.

If I was Crookall I would be trying to put as much distance between myself and this whole shebang as possible.  Talking to people I've been surprised just how indignant and contemptuous people are about the whole airport parking saga - even people who I wouldn't regard as 'political'.  It's something they feel they can understand and realise they could do better themselves.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

What?  Surely not!  Commercial parking companies have such a high ethical reputation.

If I was Crookall I would be trying to put as much distance between myself and this whole shebang as possible.  Talking to people I've been surprised just how indignant and contemptuous people are about the whole airport parking saga - even people who I wouldn't regard as 'political'.  It's something they feel they can understand and realise they could do better themselves.

Agreed. You would be hard pushed to find a worse solution to the problem than this nonsense.  just Google, "Ringo reviews" and the trust pilot reviews show the kind of company you wouldn't want to touch with a bargepole. The system they have chosen really needs Anpr and barriers but the govt have said they can't afford that, so how many extra staff will they need to check on vehicles and ensure they have paid for the correct time.  and to monitor the disc zones. Etc etc. 

What could possibly go wrong🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

Was Jez employed by Heathrow as it seems he was welcomed back in October 21?

Yes the original Airport series was filmed at Heathrow.  But in any case the industry is so desperate to get people flying again that they'll be snatching at any publicity.  Though I suspect there's been a lot of late night re-editing over the last two months to remove all evidence of his original employer Aeroflot.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Yes the original Airport series was filmed at Heathrow.  But in any case the industry is so desperate to get people flying again that they'll be snatching at any publicity.  Though I suspect there's been a lot of late night re-editing over the last two months to remove all evidence of his original employer Aeroflot.

No, I mean was he employed at Heathrow last year.  That was the impression.

I remember the original series.  

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

No, I mean was he employed at Heathrow last year.  That was the impression.

I remember the original series.  

Sorry, I don't think he's ever been employed by the Airport itself.  But as we discovered when he was appointed, his employment history was "a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma" to everyone except those who decided he would make a good airport operations director.

• Haha 3

He's so talented,that Jeremy. Showing off all his best talents. Vacuuming, giving out face masks, passenger stooging, watching cargo being unloaded, sauntering around the terminal hope hope hoping someone recognises him, overdramatic counting down minutes... 

My word, what absolute unbelievable expertise our airport is missing out on now!

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

An hour delay on the Loganair London City flight in the morning

An hour and a half delay on the Liverpool flight in the morning (and an E145 being flown in first thing from Newcaslte to cover this).

They've had a very poor past few days.

It's getting bloody ridiculous.

• Like 1