Airport.

Billy kettlefish

2 hours ago, asitis said:

https://www.reviews.io/company-reviews/store/www.myringgo.com

Yes seems the sort of thing we'll buy ! almost designed for the IOM Airport !

easy solution to this is stop the free parking for Tynwald members at the airport and let them fight it out with the great unwashed ,  on the public car parks   they can claim back  their parking fees ,   that should  sort the men from the boys ! and make sure we get a system that is user friendly  and actually works 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The number of comments on Gef the Mongoose's FB article about Reynolds and Spake striking out together, wishing them luck in their business venture is unbelievable. It's like the big, bad Island has wronged them or something.

Are people on this Island really so brainwashed and bullshitted about life that they don't see what goes on here? Do they not see where their money goes?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, snowman said:

Departed 2225

Both Loganair and EasyJet have been poor recently . I hope Loganair sort this out as for new routes into London it’s not good enough .

I also hope that EasyJet are covering the additional costs of extending the airport opening hours to cover their delays which seem very common on the last rotation of the day . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Omobono said:

easy solution to this is stop the free parking for Tynwald members at the airport and let them fight it out with the great unwashed ,  on the public car parks   they can claim back  their parking fees ,   that should  sort the men from the boys ! and make sure we get a system that is user friendly  and actually works 

I get free parking at the airport? Woot - news to me, thanks!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

The number of comments on Gef the Mongoose's FB article about Reynolds and Spake striking out together, wishing them luck in their business venture is unbelievable. It's like the big, bad Island has wronged them or something.

Well I counted three, plus a couple of others that were clearly being sarcastic.  And rather more that were clearly unimpressed.  So I wouldn't worry too much about the Island's brain collectively turning to mush.

It's another example of an MF story being picked up by the media as if it was their own of course, but the most interesting thing about their website is that they're not only advertising for work, they're advertising for people to do the work.  It's not as if they were already snowed under with contracts and need help - they clearly want people to do everything for them.

This is very much the DoI management mindset.  These people see themselves as aristocrats - far too lofty to do any work or even tell others what should be done.  They merely have to vaguely indicate what they want and the faithful servants will provide.  The fact that it never works out like that doesn't seem to deter them from continuing in the same fashion.  Why should it - there's never any consequences for them personally.

Without the supportive bubble of the civil service establishment, Jezza and Annie may be in for a bit of a shock.

• Like 4

Harmer and Baker both left their mark on projects at the DOI. This little fiasco is now Tim Crookalls turn. I can’t see it ending well, once people end up paying over the odds or something going wrong, then the pitchforks will be out. A cave in will then follow, followed by the ‘lessons will be learned’ mantra. It seems this island can’t get anything right.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Did anyone check that you can actually download the app from the play store without having to do that stupid vpn clear your cache work around?

Mrs NoTailT can't even download the Clubcard app on her phone because her country is set to Isle of Man in the Play store.

Will ask her to try later. Would be a funny outcome.

• Like 1