Airport.

Billy kettlefish

30 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Did anyone check that you can actually download the app from the play store without having to do that stupid vpn clear your cache work around?

I’ve just downloaded it from Spain.

Just now, NoTailT said:

Mrs NoTailT can't even download the Clubcard app on her phone because her country is set to Isle of Man in the Play store.

Will ask her to try later. Would be a funny outcome.

This was also a problem fir the NHS vax app.  I had to go to B&Q to download it  as advised by 111!

The vpn issue needs to be sorted.

1 minute ago, John Wright said:

I’ve just downloaded it from Spain.

Yes, that's because the google play store works in Spain. It is somewhat limited in the iom, although if the app is free it should work. It would be very funny if it didn't.

5 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Yes, that's because the google play store works in Spain. It is somewhat limited in the iom, although if the app is free it should work. It would be very funny if it didn't.

Wouldn’t know about Google play store. My mobile connectivity is all Apple. Took 49 minutes to download, but that’s because the microwave link appears to be throttled this morning.

Just downloaded to an android phone {on isle of man} 

Very easy but note when you put in your car details it will not accept hyphens in the registration. 

If there are no cameras involved, how will anybody at the airport know whether or not a parking fee has been paid for any car in the car park? 

• Like 1

I’ve set up my account. Listed all household cars.

explored auto pay option, APNR recognition on entry and exit.

Not sure about this. How will the hour free work? Will I have to claim back?

Also works at multiple QParks in UK, including ones I use, with hotel discount, in Liverpool. Not sure how that works either.

2 minutes ago, emesde said:

Just downloaded to an android phone {on isle of man} 

Very easy but note when you put in your car details it will not accept hyphens in the registration. 

If there are no cameras involved, how will anybody at the airport know whether or not a parking fee has been paid for any car in the car park? 

Are you also able to download the NHS and Clubcard apps in your app store? If so, you have your country set to UK, doesn't matter that you're physically here.

2 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Are you also able to download the NHS and Clubcard apps in your app store? If so, you have your country set to UK, doesn't matter that you're physically here.

Set for IOM. 

yes I have the two apps you refer to. Sometimes get a message that an app is not available but very rarely. 

1 hour ago, WTF said:

felicidades

Gracias.

i sometimes can’t download Spanish apps without changing country settings. I’m normally set to UK in App Store. Changing country settings sometimes screws with payment info.

3 hours ago, John Wright said:

How will the hour free work? Will I have to claim back?

I think there's a designated disc parking area and you have to use that (Crookall was plaintively asking there people not to park there in one clip).  Presumably it's to allow for drop offs and collections.  The schedule for long stays may have been adjusted to account for a 'free hour', so there won't be any further adjustment.  Though they're claiming the schedule of charges is actually the same as pre-Covid anyway.

19 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Same with cancellations to London City and combining flights.

You *do* realise EasyJet have done exactly the same thing with Manchester, don't you? It's almost as though both airlines have realised the proposed frequency was insane.

48 passengers total coming to us across the 3 on Loganair.

Easyjet Manchester, 148 passengers.

Easyjet Liverpool, practically full.

Loganair need to learn to compete on the open market, rather than relying on subsidies to do so.

If they can't compete, they should go away.

Source please for the pax numbers. Or are you just making it up?

I'm not quite sure what you're saying here, other than- yet again- professing your blind hatred for Loganair. Did they turn you down for a job or something?

If LHR and LCY were already commercially sustainable someone would already be flying them commercially. As they're not, then clearly they're not.

The initial start-up subsidy might give headroom to grow into a commercially sustainable operation, or it might not. If it does, hooray, we have an important link. And if it doesnt then the funding stops and clearly the LCY and LHR links aren't as important as the Chamber of Commerce say they are.

And if another airline thinks Loganair are shit and *that* is why the route failed, then hey, we have OpenSkies, they can fill their boots any time they please.

• Like 1

Anyway, as I pointed out on another thread Moorhouse does have his uses.  In last week's Keys[1] he asked Crookall: What risk assessment has been carried out regarding parking at the Airport since 1st January 2022; and whether the option of using pay and display units in the car parks has been considered and costed.  Giving rise to this mildly comic exchange (stripped of formalities and Crookall saying "Mr Speaker" every sentence):

Crookall: The Airport ensures health and safety compliance through regular patrols of their car park and regular inspections of the site.

The Department carried out an options appraisal of its pay-and-display car parking within Douglas to identify a more cost effective and efficient car park charging system. This was then used as a basis for the proposed system to be utilised at the Airport, which hopefully will come in the next few weeks.

Moorhouse: How many parking fines have been issued to those parking on the pavements, on double yellow lines and in other challenging areas around the Airport car park?

Crookall: There have been no parking tickets given out.

Which pretty much sums up the parking control. 

But there's another interesting fact hidden in there.  The DoI are clearly wanting to introduce the same system into their other car parks as well.  It's not a last minute stop gap measure, it's part of a long-term plan for the whole Island.

[1]  Hansard has been completed but not finalised, so the link won't work forever.

18 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Though they're claiming the schedule of charges is actually the same as pre-Covid anyway.

It is, except there never used to be a free hour. I checked using archive.org.

Still think RingGo is a problem pretending to be a solution looking for a problem.

Edited by Ringy Rose
  • Like 2