Airport.

Billy kettlefish

2 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Flying via Dublin means you avoid Long Haul APD

Not if you're on a ticket with IOM as origin.

To reduce the APD there would need to be two tickets as follows:

1) IOM-DUB 2) DUB-destination

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, snowman said:

Loganair have cancelled London City departure tomorrow morning

It’s not very good for the start of a new route I agree .
But if everyone continues with their negativity and fail to get behind it then the outcome will just be EasyJet to Gatwick at random times . I think many posters would be happy with that because it suits them sadly they don’t seem to think about others . 

1 minute ago, IOM said:

But if everyone continues with their negativity and fail to get behind it then the outcome will just be EasyJet to Gatwick at random times . I think many posters would be happy with that because it suits them sadly they don’t seem to think about others . 

I looked at making a reservation for Friday morning with Loganair to London but there's no flight operating.

I've tried.....👍

3 minutes ago, IOM said:

Well I have booked flights with EasyJet to Gatwick and return for later this month. Booked just before Loganair announced start of their services to LHR and City. 
Compared prices now, not a lot in in it.

As somebody said it’s a bit ofRussian roulette as to whether or not your flight actually operates.

Hopefully EasyJet will deliver (It’s very strange to have this low degree of confidence as to whether you will get what you pay for) but at least they are not in receipt of IOM taxpayers money as Loganair are, just to cancel flights on what seems like a whim.

2 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well I have booked flights with EasyJet to Gatwick and return for later this month. Booked just before Loganair announced start of their services to LHR and City. 
Compared prices now, not a lot in in it.

As somebody said it’s a bit ofRussian roulette as to whether or not your flight actually operates.

Hopefully EasyJet will deliver (It’s very strange to have this low degree of confidence as to whether you will get what you pay for) but at least they are not in receipt of IOM taxpayers money as Loganair are, just to cancel flights on what seems like a whim.

Sadly it's not just the Isle of Man suffering. BA are cancelling around 100 flights every day. Easyjet are even going to take a row of seats out so they can run with less crew. Desperate times.

4 hours ago, Ringy Rose said:

I didn't quote me, I quoted you, but here it is again anyway with your name on it.

You said you heard the Menzies handler say there were 48 people on board. Why they'd be saying that when the crew have the manifest and the same crew operate all day is, of course, by the by.

But if it is somehow true you won't need to worry yourself about Loganair for much longer.

After boarding is completed the Dispatcher ( one in charge of the loading of passengers & bags) will get on and inform the Cabin Manager how many have made it through the gate etc. For example.. gate closed you are looking for 48. Crew will then perform headcount and confirm with dispatcher. 
Amount of people who ‘no-show’ is least one on every flight it seems

• Thanks 1

All part of the cunning plan to get folk to use (and pay for) the boat, whilst turning air travel into a luxury few can afford (like it was in the 70s). 

Seriously, easy to put up a digital sign but, from a small island, each flight cancelled or delayed likely has a major and adverse effect on its residents. Govt needs to get a grip of this quickly.

17 minutes ago, english zloty said:

All part of the cunning plan to get folk to use (and pay for) the boat, whilst turning air travel into a luxury few can afford (like it was in the 70s). 

Seriously, easy to put up a digital sign but, from a small island, each flight cancelled or delayed likely has a major and adverse effect on its residents. Govt needs to get a grip of this quickly.

What can govt do if the problem is no cabin crew or pilot ?

10 hours ago, swoopy2110 said:

3 Million sounds a bargain actually (if accurate).

Which is exactly why we won't don't it. Too busy pissing money away on ridiculous things instead.

Cant DOI find an app to help the pilots land?

What could go wrong?

Try it for 6 months etc etc 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, snowman said:

IMG_20220511_080601.thumb.jpg.1dc5c27d5d14b292b45ac1d2615da8d4.jpgwhen I had a delay at the weekend, Loganair are just said "sorry, it was unavoidable". No reason given

Presumably these ongoing issues are due to staff abscess or shortages 

LPL showing due to depart at 8am on the airport website. Its still not departed. Such bad updating by the IOM Airport.