Airport.

Billy kettlefish

1 hour ago, 0bserver said:

The airport is City of Derry. 

In Londonderry

City of Derry Airport

Airport in Northern Ireland

Description

City of Derry Airport, previously known as RAF Eglinton and Londonderry Eglinton Airport, is a regional airport located 7 mi northeast of Derry, Northern Ireland. It is located on the south bank of Lough Foyle, a short distance from the village of Eglinton and 8 mi from the city centre. Wikipedia

Address: Airport Roundabout, Eglinton, Londonderry BT47 3GY, United Kingdom

Departments: ATM (Derry City Airport)

Code: EGAE, LDY

Elevation: 7 m

12 hours ago, John Wright said:

What will ensure the trial fails will be if everyone goes to the information desk to seek assistance to pay, rather than downloading and using the app or phone payment.

Being the IoM it’s also the most likely outcome.

Information desk is for information only, not accepting payments …. Payment is only via app, online or by phone - but tbh without ANPR in and out how will anyone (DOI or Ringo) know how long the car has been parked? Unless of course there will now be a squad of parking monitors working 24/7 …. How much was the barrier??

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 360 View said:

Information desk is for information only, not accepting payments …. Payment is only via app, online or by phone - but tbh without ANPR in and out how will anyone (DOI or Ringo) know how long the car has been parked? Unless of course there will now be a squad of parking monitors working 24/7 …. How much was the barrier??

Where did I say you’d be able to pay at the info desk?

The press on Monday certainly said you could pay inside. Perhaps they are building a pay office staffed  by enough people to deal with this and alongside the parking controllers to check customers parking details against the car reg in the car park. 

'"Anyone wishing to pay at the airport can do so inside the terminal building - one-hour free disc parking will also be available."

• Like 2

Seriously how does the system work. 

If I drive into the car park and leave my car for the day. I drive in park and pick it up when I return. If I don't register it in on an app surely I can just get in and drive away. No ticket needed, no barriers to stop me.

No Anpr cameras to see me arrive or depart. Is there an army af controllers monitoring arrivals and departures and checking that all cars in the park are registered. If so where is the cost saving. Who issues fines, etc etc. It will take an army of controllers, fine issuers, people hearing appeals etc the whole thing seems to be totally incomprehensible. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, emesde said:

Seriously how does the system work. 

If I drive into the car park and leave my car for the day. I drive in park and pick it up when I return. If I don't register it in on an app surely I can just get in and drive away. No ticket needed, no barriers to stop me.

No Anpr cameras to see me arrive or depart. Is there an army af controllers monitoring arrivals and departures and checking that all cars in the park are registered. If so where is the cost saving. Who issues fines, etc etc. It will take an army of controllers, fine issuers, people hearing appeals etc the whole thing seems to be totally incomprehensible. 

Agreed. How much is it going to cost to police this. The ANPR system is already in use elsewhere on the Island and works well. So typical that they've gone for something different.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swoopy2110 said:

Agreed. How much is it going to cost to police this. The ANPR system is already in use elsewhere on the Island and works well. So typical that they've gone for something different.

The one in St Pauls square seems to break down fairly frequently though.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2022 at 5:28 PM, NoTailT said:

You don't fly often then? I think every easyJet, BA, Loganair and Ryanair flight I've been on, I've always heard verbal confirmation of the number of passengers loaded and the handlers checking that it tallys with the crews own headcount of how many people are physically onboard. It's a normal process.

Maybe you won't be satisfied until someone more suitably qualified like maybe @madmanxpilotcomes along and reassures you that it happens?

You seem certain to defend any negativity. That's fine. But your failure to recognise that this is not a good situation is mind boggling.

It was the case with the airlines I've worked for that the dispatcher will verbally confirm to the cabin crew the number of passengers on board, normally after the cabin crew have completed their headcount so as to avoid any confirmation bias. 

Once the dispatcher has left, and prior to starting the safety demonstration, the cabin crew will confirm with the flight deck crew that the doors are closed, and how many passengers there are on board including the number of 'specials' - ie passengers requiring assistance, The flight deck crew cross check this against their paperwork. This is the final chance to pick up any discrepancies.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nom de plume said:

The NCP's throughout the UK work superbly.

Drive in, car papped. 

When you leave, head to the machine, enter reg, pay what's due.

Is it that hard to put that in?

Fuck me.

bUt wHaT aBoUt peOpLe wItH nO DeBiT cArD?

How did they all pay for their flights...

1 hour ago, madmanxpilot said:

It was the case with the airlines I've worked for that the dispatcher will verbally confirm to the cabin crew the number of passengers on board, normally after the cabin crew have completed their headcount so as to avoid any confirmation bias. 

Once the dispatcher has left, and prior to starting the safety demonstration, the cabin crew will confirm with the flight deck crew that the doors are closed, and how many passengers there are on board including the number of 'specials' - ie passengers requiring assistance, The flight deck crew cross check this against their paperwork. This is the final chance to pick up any discrepancies.

Ryanair didn’t quite manage this recently. https://simpleflying.com/ryanair-leaves-14-passengers-behind/amp/