Airport.

Billy kettlefish

13 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/ex-airport-director-recounts-really-tough-pandemic-period/

How can it be stressful when there are no passengers to worry about?

And there was clearly no stress about airport infrastructure maintenance.

Maybe it was feelings of guilt over remuneration.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, WTF said:

can you check again please to be sure to be sure ?

LOL, but I have to say that we always referred to "Derry" in conversation. 

My dad was a southern Irish protestant, and my mum was a Manx Catholic, so I don't fecking know.

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

I saw Loganair have cancelled the morning London City flight for a few weeks sighting "covid" as the reason. Even though that same crew would operate the Heathrow flight which is still going.

I was on the Heathrow flight today . Apparently they have had to draft crew in from Aberdeen due to covid sickness . And yes I suspect the same crew do London City as well but not an early morning and evening - too many hours from 06.50am to 20.00 covering three flights ! 

12 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

I saw Loganair have cancelled the morning London City flight for a few weeks sighting "covid" as the reason. Even though that same crew would operate the Heathrow flight which is still going.

It rather looks like their eagerness to grab all that lovely tax-payers' lolly has caused them to bite off more than they can chew. I really hope that the DoE contract penalises them for this failure to deliver the agreed services.

Whilst it is easy to blame "covid", Loganair are a substantial organisation and they should have better operational resilience than this.

Edited by Nellie
  • Like 2