Airport.

Billy kettlefish

46 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Latest news 

someone in the DOI must have realised Manx net was down for part of today , so as far as parking apps go you are up the creek without a paddle , but I have a gut feeling , this putting off the fateful day  is just a smoke screen ,someone is hell bent on installing this parking system ,  why we are not considering a user friendly system with multi payment option  solutions  I don't know  it seems crazy when many of the older generation don't have the latest  mobile telephones  or apple or Google pay on their devise ,and giving bank card details over the phone to someone who you don't really trust should be a No NO ,

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, snowman said:

Over 5 hours delay on Birmingham flights today, along with Manchester and London City cancelled. 

Loganair are in a right mess

They certainly are! 

There must be a few people in the DoE crapping themselves about how this shower will cope over TT fortnight. Will they go down the route of a few tactical cancellations, in advance, to avoid to paying compensation, or will they try to run a full service?

2 minutes ago, Nellie said:

They certainly are! 

There must be a few people in the DoE crapping themselves about how this shower will cope over TT fortnight. Will they go down the route of a few tactical cancellations, in advance, to avoid to paying compensation, or will they try to run a full service?

Agreed very poor indeed a far better service is required on these routes . Let’s hope it gets sorted and fast . 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

It was down to weather conditions apparently something out of our control.

All six easyJet flights operated, more or less, to schedule today, so very much doubt that Loganair would just happen to turn up when the visibility was poor! 

8 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

I wonder if we'll be entitled to a discount on our expensive IoM Postal Charges at the next time of use if the service is going to fail its paying customers?

52 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I wonder if we'll be entitled to a discount on our expensive IoM Postal Charges at the next time of use if the service is going to fail its paying customers?

What do you suggest if the plane chartered by Royal Mail doesn’t operate due to weather or technical fault? There’s no alternative if plane doesn’t go so not IOM post fault.

I understand you get a refund on the guaranteed next day delivery if it doesn’t work 

20 minutes ago, Banker said:

What do you suggest if the plane chartered by Royal Mail doesn’t operate due to weather or technical fault? There’s no alternative if plane doesn’t go so not IOM post fault.

I understand you get a refund on the guaranteed next day delivery if it doesn’t work 

That IoM Post seek recompense from the plane operator and then pass it on in some way or form? People and businesses have paid for a service; in any other field (such as air travel) there would be some form of compensation. There must be businesses etc who are being inconvenienced by this and it will be costing them money.

14 hours ago, Omobono said:

someone in the DOI must have realised Manx net was down for part of today , so as far as parking apps go you are up the creek without a paddle , but I have a gut feeling , this putting off the fateful day  is just a smoke screen ,someone is hell bent on installing this parking system ,  why we are not considering a user friendly system with multi payment option  solutions  I don't know  it seems crazy when many of the older generation don't have the latest  mobile telephones  or apple or Google pay on their devise ,and giving bank card details over the phone to someone who you don't really trust should be a No NO ,

News today is that they are postponing the charging so that public opinion can be taken into account before Ringo is introduced. So it is going ahead anyway.

My advice is vote with your feet. Don't use it. 

By the way, it is funny how the barriers at the staff parking lot are always working perfectly! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

That IoM Post seek recompense from the plane operator and then pass it on in some way or form? People and businesses have paid for a service; in any other field (such as air travel) there would be some form of compensation. There must be businesses etc who are being inconvenienced by this and it will be costing them money.

As I say you get refunded the cost you paid for the enhanced service you didn’t get, problem of living on an island which impacts all islands