Airport.

Billy kettlefish

4 minutes ago, emesde said:

So many unanswered questions. We discovered today that every car number plate was to be scanned by hand held device. So how many people are needed to do this every hour or so.

I can think of someone who's just left a job that would look just fine in hi-vis scanning number plates.

Might have to do it after dark though

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, emesde said:

I didn't. I said pre payment. 

I thought you had to prepay for a set time. Is this not correct.? 

I see what you mean. You're referring to the flight from IOM being cancelled rather than the flight back.

I don't know what the situation is regarding getting a refund if your outbound flight is cancelled.

It's certainly possible

For example

https://eastdevon.gov.uk/parking/ringgo-pay-by-phone-app/request-a-ringgo-parking-session-refund/

Edited by snowman

3 hours ago, snowman said:

I don't know what the situation is regarding getting a refund if your outbound flight is cancelled

It's certainly possible

"Refunds. We are under no obligation to provide a refund or cancel parking actions submitted to our parking systems, unless there is a system error on our part."

"Whenever you pay with the RingGo parking service, we simply bank all monies to the parking operator and any application for a refund must be made directly to them. Only the parking operator will be able to authorise a partial or full refund of any sort. In order to request a refund, you should contact the parking operator either by phone or in writing."

• Thanks 1

So it seems there will have to be admin staff dealing with rebates and other day to day queries, controllers recording every number plate regularly throughout the day,an information desk in the airport After a while  this should be a really large dept with several managers.

How does every other car park seem to manage with tickets, barriers and a pay station. 

Last week it was going to cost £200,000  to replace the barriers. 

Today the minister says they are about £250,000. 

One gets the feeling figures are just being made up to support the cheapest and worst system. 

If the income is £50,000 per month {the govt figures) for goodness sake get the proven, easily used, proper system. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, emesde said:

So it seems there will have to be admin staff dealing with rebates and other day to day queries, controllers recording every number plate regularly throughout the day,an information desk in the airport After a while  this should be a really large dept with several managers.

How does every other car park seem to manage with tickets, barriers and a pay station. 

One gets the feeling figures are just being made up to support the cheapest and worst system. 

If the income is £50,000 per month {the govt figures) for goodness sake get the proven, easily used, proper system. 

DOI parking office staff are already overwhelmed and claiming 21 days for initial email replies at the moment (if they reply at all and not just completely ignore you). Add this to it and it’ll be meltdown. Can’t see this end well, but if it means fewer parking controllers will put people off from coming to Douglas by working at the airport, I’m not going to stand in their way. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

DOI parking office staff are already overwhelmed and claiming 21 days for initial email replies at the moment (if they reply at all and not just completely ignore you). Add this to it and it’ll be meltdown. Can’t see this end well, but if it means fewer parking controllers will put people off from coming to Douglas by working at the airport, I’m not going to stand in their way. 

But what is the involvement of this company in Leeds?  Are they going to handling not just the initial payments but any queries, adjustment, fines, appeals, whatever?  None of this has been thought through has it?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, x-in-man said:

I am just going to use a cab, or a bus.

It's going to be so much easier.

Don’t forget the private providers such as, Athol Garage, Mylchreests, ASP, Speedy Park (Sorry if I forgot anyone). All very flexible and professional, with valet options etc. They all had a rough two years, so this is good news for them all. 

• Like 2

The minister says this app based system will only cost £4.000.

It would be good to see how  he can get all these hundreds of hours of labour, and pay the fee to ringo for their services for £4000. (I presume he means per year)  

I would have thought just having someone on an information desk for a few weeks would have eaten up that budget. 

Gosh there's an awful smell of B...S.... about this whole saga

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, emesde said:

The system would start making a profit after 4 or 5 months. Not bad - considering that previous barriers lasted 15 years.

Compare that to Longworth's proposed spending £1 million on a specially designed diesel on the basis that it would break even after 13 years.

19 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

The system would start making a profit after 4 or 5 months. Not bad - considering that previous barriers lasted 15 years.

Compare that to Longworth's proposed spending £1 million on a specially designed diesel on the basis that it would break even after 13 years.

It would probably be the best investment the DOI had ever made. That's probably why they have difficulty in doing it.🤔 They love spending other people's money🤑

1 hour ago, emesde said:

The minister says this app based system will only cost £4.000.

It would be good to see how  he can get all these hundreds of hours of labour, and pay the fee to ringo for their services for £4000. (I presume he means per year)  

I would have thought just having someone on an information desk for a few weeks would have eaten up that budget. 

Gosh there's an awful smell of B...S.... about this whole saga

There's someone on the information desk already 

From another forum:

Just arrived back into T3 about an hour ago (Friday). Not a typical experience, as the Loganair flight from Ronaldsway arrived on a 'local standby' (precautionary turnout of the Airport Fire Service). It was therefore directed to remote-park on stand 69 from where a bus transferred passengers to Gate 150 for domestic access to T3. There was a short delay of about five minutes whilst the bus driver obtained approval to allow the passengers to access the building. Once inside, it was straight to the exit and out

https://www.loganair.co.uk/login/flight-status/

Loganair have cancelled a flight tomorrow morning to and from Liverpool

Edited by snowman