Airport.

Billy kettlefish

EasyJet Gatwick cancelled this afternoon I assume weather related this evenings flight 1.5 hours late . The outbound is now scheduled for 22.30 I really hope EasyJet pay the airport for the extended hours . 

Eastjet and Loganair both need to improve reliability to the London market it’s been very poor recently. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, IOM said:

EasyJet Gatwick cancelled this afternoon I assume weather related this evenings flight 1.5 hours late . The outbound is now scheduled for 22.30 I really hope EasyJet pay the airport for the extended hours . 

Eastjet and Loganair both need to improve reliability to the London market it’s been very poor recently. 

The afternoon easyJet actually left Gatwick, diverted to Manchester, due to visibility here. It sat there for over two hours, then went back to Gatwick. In the mean time, the scheduled MAN and LPL easyJet flights had both arrived safely, and on time. Presumably crew hours on the Gatwick, but it's not a great showing. 

Agree, that neither of our main airlines are delivering, right now. On the plus side, Emerald seem to be quietly coming in, and out, on the Dublin, without any drama.

Evening Gatwick flight now cancelled too. 

Edited by Nellie
Edited to add, evening flight now cancelled too!
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Nellie said:

The afternoon easyJet actually left Gatwick, diverted to Manchester, due to visibility here. It sat there for over two hours, then went back to Gatwick. In the mean time, the scheduled MAN and LPL easyJet flights had both arrived safely, and on time. Presumably crew hours on the Gatwick, but it's not a great showing. 

Agree, that neither of our main airlines are delivering, right now. On the plus side, Emerald seem to be quietly coming in, and out, on the Dublin, without any drama.

Imagine the unnecessary chaos and confusion situations like that will cause for anyone with a car at the airport once the app is in use. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Nellie said:

Are you suggesting aircraft try and land on runways they can’t see? 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

That's what I said pages ago. The Shaw's Brow car park works perfectly (despite being operated by the Gotham City Fathers! :D).

Yes I have both mine and my wife’s car registered for Shaws Brow and the Bottleneck car park. 

We top our account up (by debit card ) at the Shaws brow ticket machine thingy when required (usually maintaining a £80 or so balance) . Topping up at the ticket machine at Shaws Brow takes less than a minute) Living in Ramsey we rarely use either car park. But when we do we can enter and exit at will without having to mess around each time 

It works well. But we could equally do it as a one off . Go in, park and when ready to leave pay before exiting with APNR

There is a template there that works why not use it instead of some nonsense app?

15 minutes ago, cheesypeas said:

Are you suggesting aircraft try and land on runways they can’t see? 

Of course nobody is suggesting that . But if you read the comments made the Liverpool and Manchester EasyJet flights landed in the afternoon so presumably they could see the runway ! And also the London City flight landed at 20.45 again I assume the pilot there saw the runway ! Please don’t make misleading statements to justify poor performance from the airlines . 

6 minutes ago, IOM said:

Of course nobody is suggesting that . But if you read the comments made the Liverpool and Manchester EasyJet flights landed in the afternoon so presumably they could see the runway ! And also the London City flight landed at 20.45 again I assume the pilot there saw the runway ! Please don’t make misleading statements to justify poor performance from the airlines . 

As it happens, we were in our Motorhome on Castletown beach overnight and until this afternoon. The visibility was up and down like a brides nighty. Not sure what you mean by misleading. Assume It’s because I have an alternative view to your narrative.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

13 hours ago, yorik said:

Interesting that there's very little mention from DoI of the additional fees that RingGo take such as their 10p "convenience" fee for using them and the 20p reminder and summary texts.

Not much in the grand scheme but they add up

Make sure you opt out of the SMS if you don't want them

Edited by snowman

10 minutes ago, McCallig said:

SMS received at 2.02 this morning.  By the time most passengers will have read it, all alternatives will have gone.

Very poor presumably a crew shortage given the advanced notice. The island is being let down by EasyJet at the moment and Loganair have had a poor record recently too . Let’s hope they can both sort themselves out for TT . 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, McCallig said:

SMS received at 2.02 this morning.  By the time most passengers will have read it, all alternatives will have gone.

That's bad.

At least there's still seats on Loganair later: both IOM-Manchester and Manchester-IOM are available at the moment

Edited by snowman

17 hours ago, Hillside said:

What did the article say?

Expensive improvement project actually makes the situation worse. 

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/why-flights-are-turned-away-from-ronaldsway-so-often-548089

My favorite bit and in keeping with all recent infrastructure projects. 

"Mr Bridson described the current approach light system as being officially classed as ‘basic’, having been downgraded from ‘intermediate’ when approach lights were removed to make way for the runway extension in 2009."

1 hour ago, McCallig said:

Some people on this morning's 6.20am LPL - IOM said they were booked on LGW - IOM last night which was cancelled. Moved onto MCR - IOM this morning, hired a car, drove up to MCR, got a text a 2am saying cancelled, drove to LPL and few back at 6.20am with us.

Long night.