Airport.

Billy kettlefish

2 minutes ago, cheesypeas said:

Unfortunately you have to change what you can and accept what you cannot. You or I cannot effect the necessary change, so why harp on about it? 

…expect companies to provide the service they are paid for ! 

good luck with that.

Well I think that’s where we disagree . I don’t accept the unacceptable I don’t think anyone should . And of course we can all influence these things don’t you realise companies have complaints departments and hate negative publicity ? 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, SpunkCookie said:

I give him 2 years before he realises he can’t change anything 

I don't think it will take that long.

Treasury are turning down virtually all DOI requests for one off project funds.

The road to the south isn't getting fixed for example between Fairy Bridge and Mount Murray anytime before petrol cars are outlawed, 2030ish (Partly because of Stu Peters* but more so because they don't have the actual funds)

IOMG is broke, why don't they just tell the truth?

*I quote "Lack of political support"

18 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

The road to the south isn't getting fixed for example between Fairy Bridge and Mount Murray anytime before petrol cars are outlawed, 2030ish (Partly because of Stu Peters* but more so because they don't have the actual funds)

Interesting... Moorhouse question in 3,2,1....

43 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

I believe Brown Cow Hill is scheduled for late Summer

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, swoopy2110 said:

LGW cancelled again tonight 😏Two nights running.

Technical issue tonight:

This is due to a technical issue with your aircraft which delayed your flight outside of the opening hours of your arrival airpo

Edited by snowman

11 minutes ago, snowman said:

Technical issue tonight:

This is due to a technical issue with your aircraft which delayed your flight outside of the opening hours of your arrival airpo

Very poor. And out of all the planes EasyJet operate they can’t find a spare one at night ! However one poster seems to think we should just accept it or that the cancellations are all down to the weather ! 

The Isle of Man needs better from both EasyJet and Loganair ( they had a lot of problems last week ) especially as we go into TT . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, IOM said:

Very poor. And out of all the planes EasyJet operate they can’t find a spare one at night ! However one poster seems to think we should just accept it or that the cancellations are all down to the weather ! 

The Isle of Man needs better from both EasyJet and Loganair ( they had a lot of problems last week ) especially as we go into TT . 

Flybe 2.0

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, snowman said:

Technical issue tonight:

Yes, but if you look at the flying programme of the assigned aircraft, that delay happened 8 hours ago, in Faro, so they had lots of time to swap for another plane. My guess is that the person in their Ops team didn’t know about the curfew here. Either way, it isn’t good enough. That’s three from four Gatwick’s cancelled in the last two days, and no extra seats added. If everyone claims their compensation, which appears to be due here, it’ll cost them c£100k, but regardless of that, I’d be sweating if I was in Crookall or Allinson’s shoes, about TT.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Nellie said:

Yes, but if you look at the flying programme of the assigned aircraft, that delay happened 8 hours ago, in Faro, so they had lots of time to swap for another plane. My guess is that the person in their Ops team didn’t know about the curfew here. Either way, it isn’t good enough. That’s three from four Gatwick’s cancelled in the last two days, and no extra seats added. If everyone claims their compensation, which appears to be due here, it’ll cost them c£100k, but regardless of that, I’d be sweating if I was in Crookall or Allinson’s shoes, about TT.

Exactly this . It’s nothing to do with weather or anything other than poor management. I just don’t understand why people think any of it is something we should accept. Last week there was an enormous fuss because some buses were cancelled - the performance of the airlines is far worse and has a far greater impact on those affected . I urge anyone affected by these delays to make full complaints and claim compensation it’s only that way that the airlines might take notice ( and believe me I know they do if they get lots of complaints about a certain problem) . The island deserves and needs better than this . 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, IOM said:

Exactly this . It’s nothing to do with weather or anything other than poor management. I just don’t understand why people think any of it is something we should accept. Last week there was an enormous fuss because some buses were cancelled - the performance of the airlines is far worse and has a far greater impact on those affected . I urge anyone affected by these delays to make full complaints and claim compensation it’s only that way that the airlines might take notice ( and believe me I know they do if they get lots of complaints about a certain problem) . The island deserves and needs better than this . 

Easyjet is on it's arse. Wizz will make an offer for them soon enough.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Easyjet is on it's arse. Wizz will make an offer for them soon enough.

Yes Wizz took a tilt at them last  September but did not succeed . If they try again and end up being successful I wonder whether they would continue flying to the Isle of Man ! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1