Airport.

Billy kettlefish

50 minutes ago, Nellie said:

Yes, but if you look at the flying programme of the assigned aircraft, that delay happened 8 hours ago, in Faro, so they had lots of time to swap for another plane. My guess is that the person in their Ops team didn’t know about the curfew here. Either way, it isn’t good enough. That’s three from four Gatwick’s cancelled in the last two days, and no extra seats added. If everyone claims their compensation, which appears to be due here, it’ll cost them c£100k, but regardless of that, I’d be sweating if I was in Crookall or Allinson’s shoes, about TT.

It picked up a second tech delay on the ground in LGW. LGW announced boarding at gate 569. Then it got cancelled

Edited by snowman
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, snowman said:

It picked up a second tech delay on the ground in LGW. LGW announced boarding at gate 569. Then it got cancelled

It’s happening all over UK with not just easyJet but BA & others, not enough staff to cope with demand as 1000s left during lockdown 

49 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

there was a very  good story on radio 4 this morning with Esther Rantzen  highlighting problems  the elderly and those with some arthritic conditions are having with parking apps , some people have been  avoiding going out as they cant either use the app system or their phones are not up to date enough and they only use them to phone or text , I just hope our government are not hell bent on introducing  this system  right across  the government owned car parks , there has to be a system when you have the option to make debit or credit card  payments ,and have regard for some of the population who are not IT literate ,

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Omobono said:

there was a very  good story on radio 4 this morning with Esther Rantzen  highlighting problems  the elderly and those with some arthritic conditions are having with parking apps , some people have been  avoiding going out as they cant either use the app system or their phones are not up to date enough and they only use them to phone or text , I just hope our government are not hell bent on introducing  this system  right across  the government owned car parks , there has to be a system when you have the option to make debit or credit card  payments ,and have regard for some of the population who are not IT literate ,

I've pointed out already that this is exactly what they want to happen.  Crookall said in the Keys recently:

The Department carried out an options appraisal of its pay-and-display car parking within Douglas to identify a more cost effective and efficient car park charging system. This was then used as a basis for the proposed system to be utilised at the Airport, which hopefully will come in the next few weeks.

So expect them to try to put this into Chester Street and so on.

4 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Just tried it. You don’t need the app of you don’t want to. Pay at the info desk. First hour free, just put the disc in. 

704BA1E1-DD37-430C-AA5E-0FAADA9990E6.jpeg

825087BE-3B53-4D34-B8FB-00C4245AFEC9.jpeg

To be honest, if it's cheaper to install and run than the other options AND there is some option to non-app pay for the non-techies then I really don't have a problem with this.

28 minutes ago, forestboy said:

So what’s the procedure if you are parking for less than an hour?
Are there cameras there?
Being ‘policed’?

Up to one hour just use parking disc. No need for app or going to info desk. Apparently they have people with devices scanning plates and checking, and enforcement started today. They have a list of the cars that were already in there, but not sure what they will do with them. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Up to one hour just use parking disc. No need for app or going to info desk. Apparently they have people with devices scanning plates and checking, and enforcement started today. They have a list of the cars that were already in there, but not sure what they will do with them. 

Yes, it works out something like this: fees taken from parking £60,000 p.a. Cost of RingGo, £4,000 p.a. Admin £10,000 p.a. Attendants x 3, £90,000 p.a. Net loss £44,000 p.a.

That is being generous. 

Should just leave it as free parking. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Yes, it works out something like this: fees taken from parking £60,000 p.a. Cost of RingGo, £4,000 p.a. Admin £10,000 p.a. Attendants x 3, £90,000 p.a. Net loss £44,000 p.a.

That is being generous. 

Should just leave it as free parking. 

To be fair..... Much though I dislike this system, your figures are pretty suspect. It was said that parking fees were £50,000  per month which is £ 600, 000 pa a difference from your figures in excess of half a million pounds. I thi k your decimals have let you down here. 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1