Airport.

Billy kettlefish

3 minutes ago, snowman said:

Chances of LGW getting cancelled tonight must be high

There is a good chance of that being the case.

Easyjet obviously have their own reasons for scheduling the evening rotation so late in the summer, but it all seems to run much more reliably and has more wriggle room in the winter when scheduled an hour or so earlier.

3 hours ago, Amadeus said:

They have a list of the cars that were already in there, but not sure what they will do with them. 

I think I remember seeing something that said they will get a month gratis; assuming they are just normal people on a couple of week holiday.  After that, they'll charge like a wounded buffalo.  Seems fairly reasonable. 

1 minute ago, snowman said:

It's been cancelled

That three nights in a row! They’ll be expecting some sort of award for consistency! 

Seriously though, someone in the DoI needs to get a grip of this before they screw up the TT traffic. 

It’s clear to see that their published schedule, their current resourcing crisis, and the opening hours at Ronaldsway are not compatible, once something goes wrong in their daily flying programme.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, snowman said:

Already discussed

Yes sorry missed the earlier comments . London City running 1.5 hours late now too . However at least it’s operating rather than being cancelled altogether. As other posters say 3 nights in a row is very poor . Perhaps some of those who keep going on about EasyJet being so wonderful might like to rethink maybe if people voted with their wallets ( as some posters like to say ) knowing this  level service we might get a different outcome for the island . 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Nellie said:

That three nights in a row! They’ll be expecting some sort of award for consistency! 

Seriously though, someone in the DoI needs to get a grip of this before they screw up the TT traffic. 

It’s clear to see that their published schedule, their current resourcing crisis, and the opening hours at Ronaldsway are not compatible, once something goes wrong in their daily flying programme.

I know it’s no help to anyone stranded but easyJet are not just impacting IOM it’s happening all over UK & Europe & also BA are doing the same , insufficient staff to meet demand 

You’re not wrong. I’ve got some flights to book for London and I’m dithering about which airport/airline. Pick City and risk it being cancelled a couple of weeks before, or pick Gatwick and risk sitting in the airport only for it to be cancelled on the day? These are not rare occurrences any more. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Banker said:

I know it’s no help to anyone stranded but easyJet are not just impacting IOM it’s happening all over UK & Europe & also BA are doing the same , insufficient staff to meet demand 

Maybe but three nights in a row for the island is appalling. The main problem is the London Gatwick evening flight is right at the end of the schedule so suffers badly if there are any delays during the day . I am not sure how they do their scheduling but as has pointed out in earlier posts putting in a flight so near to the time of Ronaldsway closing makes no sense at all . Perhaps when the new Airport Director starts he might want to deal with this ! 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

You’re not wrong. I’ve got some flights to book for London and I’m dithering about which airport/airline. Pick City and risk it being cancelled a couple of weeks before, or pick Gatwick and risk sitting in the airport only for it to be cancelled on the day? These are not rare occurrences any more. 

Bristol has a direct train link to London & never seems to have much delays or cancellations .

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IOM said:

Maybe but three nights in a row for the island is appalling. The main problem is the London Gatwick evening flight is right at the end of the schedule so suffers badly if there are any delays during the day . I am not sure how they do their scheduling but as has pointed out in earlier posts putting in a flight so near to the time of Ronaldsway closing makes no sense at all . Perhaps when the new Airport Director starts he might want to deal with this ! 

Nothing has changed in the situation that has always existed, Easy Jet do not have us as a priority when it comes to any slack in their system and we will always be the first to feel the effects of issues anywhere else. Oh for the days of some Manx based crew wanting to get home LOL !!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1