Airport.

Billy kettlefish

7 hours ago, Amadeus said:

Just tried it. You don’t need the app of you don’t want to. Pay at the info desk. First hour free, just put the disc in. 

704BA1E1-DD37-430C-AA5E-0FAADA9990E6.jpeg

825087BE-3B53-4D34-B8FB-00C4245AFEC9.jpeg

So they could not even be bothered to remove the old ticket units, just put a sticker over them.

I really wonder if we have enough money left in the gov coffers to do anything properly now.

I am not joking. From a good source of info (CS) I am being told nothing is being signed off by treasury.

That is a big problem because that will mean all the big building companies over here which do employ a lot of peeps will have zero work come his time next year.

Music - Farewell and adieu to you, Spanish ladies, Farewell and adieu to you, ladies of Spain     etc etc

"We are gonna need a bigger boat" in the morning....

For the exodus...........................

Edited by Boris Johnson

1 hour ago, Nellie said:

That three nights in a row! They’ll be expecting some sort of award for consistency! 

Seriously though, someone in the DoI needs to get a grip of this before they screw up the TT traffic. 

It’s clear to see that their published schedule, their current resourcing crisis, and the opening hours at Ronaldsway are not compatible, once something goes wrong in their daily flying programme.

That's always been an issue, hasn't it?

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Banker said:

Bristol has a direct train link to London & never seems to have much delays or cancellations .

And remind me how many flights are there to Bristol I think two a week !!!!! 

23 minutes ago, IOM said:

My apologies it’s 4 a week . Not exactly any form of connectivity to London is it . 

Well it normally goes early evening so probably get to London quicker than Gatwick but it’s an alternative although not ideal 

25 minutes ago, Banker said:

1hr35 Bristol to paddington 

So let me get this right . There are four flights a week . The airport is 8 miles away from the London rail connection ( 30 mins ) and then you have a 1.5 hour journey ( likely the end to journey time from landing is about 2.5 hours taking into account waiting for connections etc ) at a cost of no less than £30 and that’s before I have added in transport cost from airport to railway station . Would  be surprised if many people do that ! 

8 hours ago, IOM said:

So let me get this right . There are four flights a week . The airport is 8 miles away from the London rail connection ( 30 mins ) and then you have a 1.5 hour journey ( likely the end to journey time from landing is about 2.5 hours taking into account waiting for connections etc ) at a cost of no less than £30 and that’s before I have added in transport cost from airport to railway station . Would  be surprised if many people do that ! 

BHX on the other hand. Been used by folks to get to London for years. 

8 hours ago, IOM said:

As I said not ideal but still an option which gets you to central London probably a few hours earlier than Gatwick & if Gatwick likely to be cancelled. As others have said Birmingham is the other option 

I've used Bristol a couple of times. It really is not very user friendly. I seem to remember it cost £5  just to pick a passenger up. (5  minutes allowed) and then fee goes up. 

It was recently voted joint last in a survey of regional airports along with Leeds. 

1. London City 

2. Gatwick

3. Heathrow

= Newcastle

5. East Midlands

6. Luton

7. Birmingham 

8. Liverpool 

9. Edinburgh

10. Aberdeen

11. Manchester

12. Stansted