Airport.

Billy kettlefish

16 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

DOI are praying for it.

The point is: those planes are mostly carrying tourism. Jet2 also carrying many travellers on package trips to Jersey.

We don't get a reasonable price. We need competitive marketplace for that to happen. Problem is that our beloved Annie and the Russian mobster believe in a '1 route, 1 carrier' mentality.

They do and have been known to do all they can to deter competition. Openskies is but a myth.

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

So Jeremy Spake is a “Russian mobster”

How so ?

He once said in a group conversation I was party to:

"I know everyone me. If I wanted you dead, I could get it done. But we're all friends here."

Such is the ego of the narcissistic Russian.

Nobody in the airline industry likes him or trusts him. Despite what he may claim.

Edited by NoTailT
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NoTailT said:

He once said in a group conversation I was party to:

"I know everyone me. If I wanted you dead, I could get it done. But we're all friends here."

Such is the ego of the narcissistic Russian.

Nobody in the airline industry likes him or trusts him. Despite what he may claim.

A Walter Mitty, everyones knows it ask round the airport he is despised, rumour has it he has something to do with Annie going ! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, asitis said:

A Walter Mitty, everyones knows it ask round the airport he is despised, Honey . . . shall we stop now, until we can tell each other these things with our voices? rumour has it he has something to do with Annie going ! 

So - he's not ALL bad, then?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, KERED said:

So - he's not ALL bad, then?

Considering Annie basically took him in and looked after him on the Island, going to see him when  he has his mental wobble etc I'd say it shows his true character, irrespective of what anyone thinks of her (yes, she's useless too).

9 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Who’s praying for that?

I think people don’t really care about the age or seat capacity of their plane as they are all regulated.

Just a good service at a reasonable price. Gets you from A to B. On a short hop you don’t need the fripperies 

Logan air service is poor, 2 flights a day to Liverpool & Manchester are frequently expensive & don’t encourage anyone to travel here 

17 minutes ago, Banker said:

Logan air service is poor, 2 flights a day to Liverpool & Manchester are frequently expensive & don’t encourage anyone to travel here 

you can stay on island and get robbed these days.

Edited by WTF

Jersey still has many tourist hotels that are reasonably priced and their catchment area is the South of England people with deep pockets. IOM has far less rooms available and the catchment area is the the NW of England. Therefore Jersey numbers will always be way above IOM. There is a perception that Jersey has better weather that we do.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Major Rushen said:

Jersey still has many tourist hotels that are reasonably priced and their catchment area is the South of England people with deep pockets. IOM has far less rooms available and the catchment area is the the NW of England. Therefore Jersey numbers will always be way above IOM. There is a perception that Jersey has better weather that we do.

Err

Jet2 regular flying from Leeds, Birmingham, East Midlands and Manchester. Only one Southern airport - being Stansted - so the point of origin isn't about disposable income southerners.

3 hours ago, Major Rushen said:

Jersey has much much better hotels. Clean and tidy hotels that have great customer service, and nice good. Their 3 stars hotel make our hotels positively shite. Jersey also has transport links to France, and even small tourist day trips to France, timed so you can go to decent restaurants. I would also add that Jersey airport is a joy to travel through compared to Ronaldsway. So is Guernseys Airport. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Jersey has much much better hotels. Clean and tidy hotels that have great customer service, and nice good. Their 3 stars hotel make our hotels positively shite. Jersey also has transport links to France, and even small tourist day trips to France, timed so you can go to decent restaurants. I would also add that Jersey airport is a joy to travel through compared to Ronaldsway. So is Guernseys Airport. 

Until fairly recently you had massive delays at Guernsey as automated baggage wasn’t in place & passengers had to carry it.

Until the mess in Douglas is sorted the Isle of Man is always going to look decidedly down trodden & unwelcoming.

The promenade, castle Mona, Palace , summerland, villiers site, old bus site, Walpole avenue etc are all eyesores & until successfully redeveloped there’s not much to look at.

• Thanks 1