Airport.

Billy kettlefish

2 minutes ago, cheesypeas said:

There is no through checked baggage at Manchester at the moment ( unless domestic to domestic). 

Even domestic to domestic is a no-no.

I had a domestic connection via MAN recently and ground staff in IOM refused to check it through because they said there's no baggage connections in MAN atm.

3 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Even domestic to domestic is a no-no.

I had a domestic connection via MAN recently and ground staff in IOM refused to check it through because they said there's no baggage connections in MAN atm.

Ah we’ll that’s contrary to what the Loganair rep told us a couple of weeks ago. Guess it’s too much to ask for everyone to be on the same page. 

1 minute ago, cheesypeas said:

Ah we’ll that’s contrary to what the Loganair rep told us a couple of weeks ago. Guess it’s too much to ask for everyone to be on the same page. 

I rang Loganair and they had no idea why Menzies in IOM didn't check it through. This was only a week ago.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Banker said:

Well must have changed as 2 months ago they checked through from IOM to  Bangkok via Qatar 

17 minutes ago, cheesypeas said:

No they didn’t 

16 minutes ago, Banker said:

Yes they did , mid March!!

Also some others I know checked through to Florida from IOM including golf clubs end March

dsmGaKWMeHXe9QuJtq_ys30PNfTGnMsRuHuo_MUzGCg.jpg

Pre covid I was checked through to Bangkok also incuding Manchester. Staff took me down a route so despite the fact arrived at a different Terminal to what I was departing from it wasnt a issue. Can't  remember fully but think it was through transfer route. Had all boarding passes etc from Ronaldsway .

This was Flybe though for Etihad . Previously same but Emirates 

Edited by Numbnuts

8 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Pre covid I was checked through to Bangkok also incuding Manchester. Staff took me down a route so despite the fact arrived at a different Terminal to what I was departing from it wasnt a issue. Can't  remember fully but think it was through transfer route. Had all boarding passes etc from Ronaldsway .

This was Flybe though for Etihad . Previously same but Emirates 

Pre covid, we all happily checked baggage through Manchester. 

17 minutes ago, cheesypeas said:

Pre covid, we all happily checked baggage through Manchester. 

From Loganair website 

Connections

If you are connecting onto another flight, and are issued with transit boarding cards, your luggage will be checked through to your final destination. 

5 minutes ago, Banker said:

From Loganair website 

Connections

If you are connecting onto another flight, and are issued with transit boarding cards, your luggage will be checked through to your final destination. 

Through Heathrow or BHX yes. Not through Manchester. FFS, I’m dealing with this every day. Stick to banking. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, NoTailT said:

I am pretty sure that the reason that flight could not land in IOM was due to visibility, although easyJet's statement refers to wind, so they can't even get their facts right. They also didn't comment on why the MAN-IOM flight operated, on schedule, while this lady and her group, were sitting on the ground in Manchester. 

They generally seem to be in a state of meltdown, right now, although, to be fair, they have managed to operate all the scheduled IOM flights this week. That said, I'd be sweating if I was on the Gatwick tonight. Already over and hour late. 😱

ETA - they now swapped the planned aircraft, and tonight's Gatwick is now back on schedule! Fair play to them for doing that.

Edited by Nellie
  • Like 2