Airport.

Billy kettlefish

Airlines publish these schedules a long time in advance. Sometimes 18months.

You're living in cloud cuckoo if you think they can just rejig the schedules at the drop of a hat. Make IOM earlier, causing e.g. Malaga to run later, resulting in EU261 claims. Its not going to happen.

We should all recognise that there are delays everywhere at every airport and we should be doing all we can to accommodate that problem over the next 2-3months whilst it sorts itself out.

Loganairs problem seems to be more about being unable to keep their planes in the sky than airport delays, but they are certainly stabilising. I see they had to pull a Saab 340 out of the hanger to cover flights the other day.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Airlines publish these schedules a long time in advance. Sometimes 18months.

You're living in cloud cuckoo if you think they can just rejig the schedules at the drop of a hat. Make IOM earlier, causing e.g. Malaga to run later, resulting in EU261 claims. Its not going to happen.

We should all recognise that there are delays everywhere at every airport and we should be doing all we can to accommodate that problem over the next 2-3months whilst it sorts itself out.

Loganairs problem seems to be more about being unable to keep their planes in the sky than airport delays, but they are certainly stabilising. I see they had to pull a Saab 340 out of the hanger to cover flights the other day.

I think you are being unreasonable rather than others living in cloud cuckoo land . Nellie makes a very valid point that the winter schedule is very different to the summer why on earth not have it the same . EasyJet are fully aware of the airport opening times and they go back for years ( way longer than your 18 months ) . 

And if you really want the airport opening times extended have a word with all those posters who keep going on about their taxes and extra costs ! Because it’s easy to say but it has to be paid for . 

I think it’s time people stopped giving the airlines a pass . They should know how to run their business and we should not be so unforgiving. 

13 minutes ago, IOM said:

I think you are being unreasonable rather than others living in cloud cuckoo land . Nellie makes a very valid point that the winter schedule is very different to the summer why on earth not have it the same . EasyJet are fully aware of the airport opening times and they go back for years ( way longer than your 18 months ) . 

And if you really want the airport opening times extended have a word with all those posters who keep going on about their taxes and extra costs ! Because it’s easy to say but it has to be paid for . 

I think it’s time people stopped giving the airlines a pass . They should know how to run their business and we should not be so unforgiving. 

easyjet are literally offering to pay to keep the airport open in the event of delays and being refused.

You're being wholly ridiculous in your expectations of the airline. In the winter they fly the aircraft less and most crews finish their duties much earlier. That works to our benefit. In summer, they're working hard all day every day. These delays everywhere at airports couldn't be predicted 18months ago. Look at the mess Schipol is in right now.

There is very little flexibility in an airlines schedule this late in the day in summer. We all know there's a problem everywhere, but we'd sooner live in our tinpot way of life "can't be bothered past 10pm, yessir" because we have made zero investment in to expanding ATC. This is a very unique Isle of Man way of handling such situations.

Should IOM Airport have proactive discussions with the airline if the problem looks to persist in to next summer? Yes. Its far enough out to rejig things. But at this point in the game, we need to see what we can do to help the situation burdening so many people, not wipe out hands of it.

Edited by NoTailT
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

easyjet are literally offering to pay to keep the airport open in the event of delays and being refused.

You're being wholly ridiculous in your expectations of the airline. In the winter they fly the aircraft less and most crews finish their duties much earlier. That works to our benefit. In summer, they're working hard all day every day. These delays everywhere at airports couldn't be predicted 18months ago. Look at the mess Schipol is in right now.

There is very little flexibility in an airlines schedule this late in the day in summer. We all know there's a problem everywhere, but we'd sooner live in our tinpot way of life "can't be bothered past 10pm, yessir" because we have made zero investment in to expanding ATC. This is a very unique Isle of Man way of handling such situations.

Should IOM Airport have proactive discussions with the airline if the problem looks to persist in to next summer? Yes. Its far enough out to rejig things. But at this point in the game, we need to see what we can do to help the situation burdening so many people, not wipe out hands of it.

Sorry I have a simple expectation if I pay you for something you are contracted to deliver that service . It would not be acceptable in any other industry or sector I don’t see why airlines should get a pass . 

I note your point about EasyJet offering to pay but to use your expression I think you are living in cloud cuckoo land . That works if it is a once off but at the moment it’s nearly every evening. And I bet this much EasyJet don’t want to pay for the airport to be open every night until midnight! All they will want is to pay when it suits them because they are running late and trying to roster air traffic control like that is ridiculous. I say deliver the service you are paid to provide! 

28 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Easyjets seeming inability to run the late LGW rotation to schedule in the summer is not a new phenomenon though so you cannot just blame their current troubles.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Easyjets seeming inability to run the late LGW rotation to schedule in the summer is not a new phenomenon though so you cannot just blame their current troubles.

Agreed it isn't new. But its exacerbated by the current woes.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2022 at 10:09 PM, IOM said:

I urge anyone affected by these delays to make full complaints and claim compensation it’s only that way that the airlines might take notice ( and believe me I know they do if they get lots of complaints about a certain problem)

Still bashing EZY then. How did complaining to them work out for you? I bet you haven't even done it have you? You will not change anything moaning on here. You're just a broken record.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, cheesypeas said:

Still bashing EZY then. How did complaining to them work out for you? I bet you haven't even done it have you? You will not change anything moaning on here. You're just a broken record.

Think he's got a cupboard full of Tunnocks caramels.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, cheesypeas said:

Actually if you bothered to look you would notice that I have for some time made comments about Loganair too . Believe me when I don’t get the service I have paid for yes I complain . The reason I post here is to try and get people to reflect on what is happening around them and get them to think about the situation.Sadly I know in your case this may be something of a stretch ! And at least in making any comments I don’t find it necessary to use rude and offensive language! 

As I understand it manx forums is for sharing views comments and opinions and as long as that is the case I will continue to do so in the same way you and others can too . 

Just now, IOM said:

Actually if you bothered to look you would notice that I have for some time made comments about Loganair too . Believe me when I don’t get the service I have paid for yes I complain . The reason I post here is to try and get people to reflect on what is happening around them and get them to think about the situation.Sadly I know in your case this may be something of a stretch ! And at least in making any comments I don’t find it necessary to use rude and offensive language! 

As I understand it manx forums is for sharing views comments and opinions and as long as that is the case I will continue to do so in the same way you and others can too . 

You Ok hun?

• Sad 1

IOM tried to throw some doubt about easyjet on a pilots forum too and instantly got called out with facts of actual cancellation numbers versus Loganair... then had the cheek to go back to that person saying they should focus on getting facts straight!

I'm pretty sure if you looked in the toilet after IOM took a dump you'd see it was tartan, such is the love obsession for throwing doubt at anything other than the heavily underwritten Loganair.

Edited by NoTailT

7 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

I'm pretty sure if you looked in the toilet after IOM took a dump you'd see it was tartan, such is the love obsession for throwing doubt at anything other than the heavily underwritten Loganair.

Your posts are usually interesting, balanced and well informed, but you're getting a bit silly now!

Edited by Nellie