Airport.

Billy kettlefish

4 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

I would much prefer BA Cityflyer to nightstop one of their aircraft to operate an early LCY with a late return for our money.

We cannot just rely solely on EZY.

That was on the cards though, that's whats annoying. But we ended up with this Loganair effort that they haven't been able to fulfil due to staff shortages. It wasn't tendered, it was engineered and it's shameful. I will always stand by that opinion.

To be fair to easyJet, I've never seen or known of much if any issues on their other routes here bar Gatwick. Appreciate Bristol went to pot last weekend, but that seems to be quite rare. The only major issue with them, is that end of day Gatwick. But even my recent Gatwick flight in the morning was delayed 90minutes. Admittedly it was the day after their IT meltdown and the crew had run out of hours so needed more rest till slightly later in the day. These things happen, we know that.

But I've made a decision that I can't rely on Loganair flying to Manchester because it's constantly being hit with delays for many many weeks now. It's annoying, but I'm having to jiggle around when easyjet can fly me there.

The overall situation is pretty dire. I'm due to go on holiday out of Heathrow in a few weeks and I have booked Loganair Heathrow and easyjet Gatwick for the night before, because they're both pretty likely to kill my holiday at the moment, I'm just hedging my bets one of them goes to plan.

Edited by NoTailT

10 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

That was on the cards though, that's whats annoying. But we ended up with this Loganair effort that they haven't been able to fulfil due to staff shortages. It wasn't tendered, it was engineered and it's shameful. I will always stand by that opinion.

To be fair to easyJet, I've never seen or known of much if any issues on their other routes here bar Gatwick. Appreciate Bristol went to pot last weekend, but that seems to be quite rare. The only major issue with them, is that end of day Gatwick. But even my recent Gatwick flight in the morning was delayed 90minutes. Admittedly it was the day after their IT meltdown and the crew had run out of hours so needed more rest till slightly later in the day. These things happen, we know that.

But I've made a decision that I can't rely on Loganair flying to Manchester because it's constantly being hit with delays for many many weeks now. It's annoying, but I'm having to jiggle around when easyjet can fly me there.

The overall situation is pretty dire. I'm due to go on holiday out of Heathrow in a few weeks and I have booked Loganair Heathrow and easyjet Gatwick for the night before, because they're both pretty likely to kill my holiday at the moment, I'm just hedging my bets one of them goes to plan.

Do you have any idea what subsidy EZY and BA get, if any, at INV to nightstop their aircraft for the early LGW/LHR departures?.

5 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Do you have any idea what subsidy EZY and BA get, if any, at INV to nightstop their aircraft for the early LGW/LHR departures?.

At a guess, I'd say nothing, apart from parking fees being waived. BA nightstop aircraft everywhere; Manchester, Edinburgh, Aberdeen, Glasgow.. the lot of them. Plus many places in Europe; Amsterdam, Zurich, Prague etc. Not only for LHR but LCY too at some of them, to hit that AM arrival in to the City and because there isn't enough overnight parking at the London airports for all of their fleet, so it's also a winner if you can park them for free somewhere else.

Both of those routes are very well established but I think the BA LHR route has been under threat for some time, with a lack of proper recovery from the pandemic.

Edited by NoTailT

41 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Sorry you're right. I'm fed up of the imbalance of others.

What a completely silly set of posts . If you look I have consistently shown balance I have said the island should be served by both EasyJet and a local operator. I have never specifically favoured Loganair although let’s be honest there are not many other options . 

Also the facts you say a poster ( who incidentally I don’t think has anything to do with the island or ever comes here ) were incorrect so that’s why I commented back to him . 

I really think it’s people like yourself who need to take a more balanced view but I will leave that for you to reflect on ! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, IOM said:

What a completely silly set of posts . If you look I have consistently shown balance I have said the island should be served by both EasyJet and a local operator. I have never specifically favoured Loganair although let’s be honest there are not many other options . 

Also the facts you say a poster ( who incidentally I don’t think has anything to do with the island or ever comes here ) were incorrect so that’s why I commented back to him . 

I really think it’s people like yourself who need to take a more balanced view but I will leave that for you to reflect on ! 

You've come out swinging for easyJet putting the blame solely on their lap, when it's just not true. The forces of the world are literally working against them and IOM ATC can't bring themselves to stay open for a bit longer even if they're paid to do so.

I appreciate they have a shortage of hours, but we need to invest more in creating more resilience on our ATC services.

Your attempts to demonstrate balance are false and it's glaringly obvious. It is very clear to us here and on other forums that you aren't balanced in your views. Open your eyes and look what's in front of you.

If I wanted to be bias, I know who I'd be favouring for reliability right now.

image.thumb.png.cd6aef42b9454c2f4453c14553212731.png

Edited by NoTailT
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

You've come out swinging for easyJet putting the blame solely on their lap, when it's just not true. The forces of the world are literally working against them and IOM ATC can't bring themselves to stay open for a bit longer even if they're paid to do so.

I appreciate they have a shortage of hours, but we need to invest more in creating more resilience on our ATC services.

Your attempts to demonstrate balance are false and it's glaringly obvious. It is very clear to us here and on other forums that you aren't balanced in your views. Open your eyes and look what's in front of you.

I thought the IOM ATC restrictions was/is due to the controllers working up to their max number of hours allowed. Or is that no longer the case?

Just now, Andy Onchan said:

I thought the IOM ATC restrictions was/is due to the controllers working up to their max number of hours allowed. Or is that no longer the case?

Sorry that's what I meant by the below in my last post. We have zero resilience in our ATC, they're working maximum hours all the time. It's not the reason every time, but it usually is. I get in easyJets corner, in the past they could usually always pay for the extension and deal with any issues, but we just can't cater for it that often now.

19 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

I think from memory you are the poster who consistently bashes the airport . One of your many comments is about the baggage trolleys being impossible to push . Well last week I took the trouble to go and try them out and do you know what ….. I was able to push them without any problem! But let’s not get the facts in the way of a story that suits your narrative! 

2 minutes ago, IOM said:

I think from memory you are the poster who consistently bashes the airport . One of your many comments is about the baggage trolleys being impossible to push . Well last week I took the trouble to go and try them out and do you know what ….. I was able to push them without any problem! But let’s not get the facts in the way of a story that suits your narrative! 

If you can find where I've said that, I'd appreciate it. I don't think I've ever used a baggage trolley at the airport. But yes I am often critical of the airport and its [former] management, but I think most of us are. Bad decision after bad decision, lack of oversight and quality control.

If I can just pull your post from another forum:

However I will call out poor service and the EasyJet service recently has been appalling . Equally Loganair need to improve too they have had their challenges.

So Loganair have had their challenges, but easyJet have not? Loganair delaying flights by 3hours only to cancel them on multiple occasions isn't poor form too?

I'm tired of going round in circles on this with you. It is very clear where your bias lies. 

3 hours ago, NoTailT said:

If you can find where I've said that, I'd appreciate it. I don't think I've ever used a baggage trolley at the airport. But yes I am often critical of the airport and its [former] management, but I think most of us are. Bad decision after bad decision, lack of oversight and quality control.

If I can just pull your post from another forum:

So Loganair have had their challenges, but easyJet have not? Loganair delaying flights by 3hours only to cancel them on multiple occasions isn't poor form too?

I'm tired of going round in circles on this with you. It is very clear where your bias lies. 

Yes Loganair cancelling is not acceptable either I posted that several times when it has occurred . It’s exactly what I mean by challenges I.e there service has not been good enough .

You can also take a look back at my posts going back over a year . You will see I say that the right approach for the island and in particular London is EasyJet supplemented by another smaller operator ( note I never specified who ) operating into an airport like London city . I have then consistently said and maintain everyone’s needs would be catered for . If that’s bias then I am totally lost . 

What I do think is biased is when posters only ever go on about the virtues of EasyJet and never refer to other airlines. As long as this is a forum for opinion and views I will share mine in the way I consider best . 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Sorry that's what I meant by the below in my last post. We have zero resilience in our ATC, they're working maximum hours all the time. It's not the reason every time, but it usually is. I get in easyJets corner, in the past they could usually always pay for the extension and deal with any issues, but we just can't cater for it that often now.

they may be 'working' the maximum hours but it is at the worlds quietest airport with a handful of planes a day ,  they should close the airport when there are no planes due so ATC aren't on the clock rather than pay them to play monopoly.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, WTF said:

they may be 'working' the maximum hours but it is at the worlds quietest airport with a handful of planes a day ,  they should close the airport when there are no planes due so ATC aren't on the clock rather than pay them to play monopoly.

Didn't they do that not long ago and an easyjet came in about 20mins early so had to hold and wait? Something like that anyway.

Baggage seems a shambles at Ronaldsway at the moment. Friend came in on easyjet Liverpool and still no bags 45mins later.

1 hour ago, WTF said:

Don't forget that it's not just the scheduled passenger flights - there are private and freight flights as well

6 hours ago, IOM said:

No that was me . On arriving back from Maderia in December and trying to access one that went where you needed it too. They all had a least one wheel rusted up and were usless. E mailed Crookall that night and he promised to speak to management and he messaged me back to say he had. However they still weren't servicable early February . 

• Thanks 1