Airport.

Billy kettlefish

Just now, finlo said:

Well we still had dickheads managing to get past it!

Yes, but it was intended to stop the traffic from the north.  I really cannot understand how anyone could have gone up there and thought they could go on up to the mountain!

Moorehouse is asking questions about flight cancellations causing reputational damage to the island. I’m sorry Mr Moorehouse but that aspect of reputational damage is bottom of the list of reputation damage inflicted upon the Isle of Man. The IOM has great issues and more pressing issues, arising from the TT. 

30 minutes ago, Banker said:

Loads of delays this morning, last night Bristol delayed by 45 minutes going even though it landed in Iom on time, Captain said due to shortage of ground crew

On Saturday morning, the captain of the EZY Liverpool flight apologised for the delayed departure citing they'd been on the ground 40 minutes without being able to load any passenger because (and I quote) - "The Isle of Man Airport is absolutely rubbish and can only deal with one flight at a time", which got a chuckle from those onboard.

MAN & LPL both landed at a similar time (LPL was delayed) but the agents in the departure lounge didn't start moving people on the MAN flight into the holding pen downstairs until both aircraft were on approach, resulting in delayed loading for MAN being completed and nowhere for LPL passengers to go. You could see it coming a mile off! The girl who was doing the boarding was on the radio to the dispatch agent who said he'd be letting the MAN passengers out in '1 minute'. It was at least another 10 minutes before they started to get them from the holding pen onto the plane.

59 minutes ago, De nada said:

!

Flight Scheduled Status
London City LM671 06:50 Delayed 08:20
Liverpool LM681 07:00 Delayed 08:20
Manchester LM693 09:30 Delayed
London Gatwick EZY852 09:55 On-time
Birmingham LM637 11:10 Delayed
London Heathrow LM675 12:30 Delayed

According to Manx Radio, lack of Air Traffic Controllers to open the airport at the scheduled time. A quick check shows that the mail plane also diverted back to East Midlands, so this does sound right.

I have just had an email from Easyjet - 7 out of 8 flights over the next few months have had a deprture time change.

Two have time changes to a departure of 08:00, which is not too wonderful for me. Easyjet does have a departure later in the  day, but when I try to change the flights to that time I will be charged an extra £25 each for that - and there does not seem to be a way to cancel and re-book.

I am seriously pissed off about that.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Two-lane said:

I have just had an email from Easyjet - 7 out of 8 flights over the next few months have had a deprture time change.

Two have time changes to a departure of 08:00, which is not too wonderful for me. Easyjet does have a departure later in the  day, but when I try to change the flights to that time I will be charged an extra £25 each for that - and there does not seem to be a way to cancel and re-book.

I am seriously pissed off about that.

That happened to me last month. Was meant to fly to Manchester in the morning, changed it to an evening flight which made the trip not worth doing. You should be able to change flights for free and just pay the difference in flight cost or cancel and get a refund through the website (says so in the email I got) but, like you say, it doesn't give you either of those options. I eventually managed to get someone on the chat option on the website, explained what had happened and they  said they would only refund the tax! I went into full Karen mode on them and they quickly backed down and refunded it all so may be worth looking at doing that then re-booking?

Looks like not many are using the parking app. The queues along the front of the airport were massive on Monday and folk were parking all around the roads. I parked in the car park for half an hour, no one bothered me and there were so many spaces to choose from.