Airport.

Billy kettlefish

36 minutes ago, manxchester said:

That happened to me last month. Was meant to fly to Manchester in the morning, changed it to an evening flight which made the trip not worth doing. You should be able to change flights for free and just pay the difference in flight cost or cancel and get a refund through the website (says so in the email I got) but, like you say, it doesn't give you either of those options. I eventually managed to get someone on the chat option on the website, explained what had happened and they  said they would only refund the tax! I went into full Karen mode on them and they quickly backed down and refunded it all so may be worth looking at doing that then re-booking?

Lucky they didn't additionally charge you for a name change on the ticket Karen!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

Looks like not many are using the parking app. The queues along the front of the airport were massive on Monday and folk were parking all around the roads. I parked in the car park for half an hour, no one bothered me and there were so many spaces to choose from.

They've clearly got no one to enforce the parking and people have realised that and are just continuing to do what they want - though for shorter periods.  As I've said, the pressure to use the app looks like it comes from the parking people in DoI rather than the airport people (if there are any of those left).  Chris Thomas needs to sort this out, if only to get an 'easy win'.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

I'm surprised Easyjet don't just do a strategic retreat from the IOM for the rest of the summer season. 

Lots of short nuisance factor flights, cancelling them would free up their planes to have spare time with other routes going wrong. 

Not really.  Most of the problems come from the Gatwick end and these shuttle flights to/from the Isle of Man must be pretty profitable for the time used up.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Not really.  Most of the problems come from the Gatwick end and these shuttle flights to/from the Isle of Man must be pretty profitable for the time used up.

They're also a handy way of keeping the slots used

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

Came back from Gatwick this morning. Two days late as easyJet had cancelled our flight from Bordeaux on Monday. 

The fuel truck hydraulics failed and it was stuck immovable under the planes wing. After much consultation and head scratching it was decided they could manoeuvre the plane back with the wing and engine just clearing the truck. 

Under the watchful eyes of quite a few people on the ramp and a comforting airport fire tender we were pushed back and on our way about 45 minutes late. 

Had paid £60 for parking at Ronaldsway, but according to the app I’m still parked there as the session is still active. Don’t think it’s all set up properly yet. 

4 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

Had paid £60 for parking at Ronaldsway, but according to the app I’m still parked there as the session is still active. Don’t think it’s all set up properly yet. 

Presumably you have inform it you've actually left.  Looks like you've now got free parking there for life.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Roger Mexico said:

Presumably you have inform it you've actually left.  Looks like you've now got free parking there for life.

How though? There’s no camera or barrier. The only option I can see in the app is to extend the three month session we paid for. 

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

They've clearly got no one to enforce the parking and people have realised that and are just continuing to do what they want - though for shorter periods.  As I've said, the pressure to use the app looks like it comes from the parking people in DoI rather than the airport people (if there are any of those left).  Chris Thomas needs to sort this out, if only to get an 'easy win'.

went to the airport yesterday  and my phone is not up to date enough to download the parking app , went inside the terminal  and paid a very helpful young lady my fee for parking , when I produced a £10 note she refused  saying they are not allowed to take cash any more , and it was down to the isle of Man bank closing in Castletown  where the airport used to pay into the bank , 

there was someone servicing the cash dispensing machine ,and I asked could these people not collect your cash as they were operating for a bank   ,   I think at this  point she became  embarrassed  ,and said the old system was much more user friendly , and people prefer  simple system with  a number options to pay  , so I hope Chris Thomas will look closely at this  and the loss of income  and  service  by abrogating  parking to  a company who are not on the isle of man , and seem to have a dubious record of customer service ,  just wait until Manx telecom goes down one morning , then you will see the fun !

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Omobono said:

went to the airport yesterday  and my phone is not up to date enough to download the parking app , went inside the terminal  and paid a very helpful young lady my fee for parking , when I produced a £10 note she refused  saying they are not allowed to take cash any more , and it was down to the isle of Man bank closing in Castletown  where the airport used to pay into the bank , 

there was someone servicing the cash dispensing machine ,and I asked could these people not collect your cash as they were operating for a bank   ,   I think at this  point she became  embarrassed  ,and said the old system was much more user friendly , and people prefer  simple system with  a number options to pay  , so I hope Chris Thomas will look closely at this  and the loss of income  and  service  by abrogating  parking to  a company who are not on the isle of man , and seem to have a dubious record of customer service ,  just wait until Manx telecom goes down one morning , then you will see the fun !

@Chris Thomas Here ya go Chris. Get stuck into this😃

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Omobono said:

So they used the excuse that the machines can’t take Manx pound coins to justify using a system where you can’t use ANY money?? Outstanding 👏

• Haha 8

Well there you go.         

The minister who said the app was the best way to go for parking. 

That it would cost £250,000 To replace a couple of barriers. 

That you couldn't get cash machines that would take Manx pound coins. 

Was prepared to take an annual loss of parking fees around £600,000.

Still hasn't got a date or cost for the prom completion. 

Nice to see he is in charge of the Department for Enterprise 

What could  possibly go wrong? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2