Airport.

Billy kettlefish

11 minutes ago, Banker said:

Suspicious package apparently, it’ll be chaos this morning unless it’s cleared shortly 

I’m at the airport supposed to be going to Liverpool in the red eye flight, we are stuck under the covered walkway near the plane. No information, poor. The covered walkway is an absolutely dirty, rusty and shattered window - embarrassing shop window for the island. Chris Thomas should get down here with his clipboard making lists. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I’m at the airport supposed to be going to Liverpool in the red eye flight, we are stuck under the covered walkway near the plane. No information, poor. The covered walkway is an absolutely dirty, rusty and shattered window - embarrassing shop window for the island. Chris Thomas should get down here with his clipboard making lists. 

What information do you want? maybe it's as simple as there is nothing to give at this time

• Confused 1

Just now, thommo2010 said:

What information do you want? maybe it's as simple as there is nothing to give at this time

In all fairness I have been stuck under the walkway since 6 am when we were told to go outside. No other information until now - being evacuated by bus to the other side of the airport.

10 minutes ago, 2bees said:

There is a suspicious package - probably a clock in a bag you know how dramatic they are down there…

Tough situation. One I've not seen at IOM Airport for years.

Whilst I jokingly agree with the dramatics of the airport: damned if you do and damned if you don't. Far more to lose by taking no action if it turns out to be something!

Edited by NoTailT

12 minutes ago, 2bees said:

There is a suspicious package - probably a clock in a bag you know how dramatic they are down there…

The last suspicious package that shut something down was a packet of cocaine that had ripped at the post office. I guess this will be the same thing, a ripped packet and some suspicious powder inside from the mail plane.

Edited by Ham_N_Eggs

13 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Chris tried to go down to take notes but roads closed 😂

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, germann said:

Can you imagine how gleefully zealous the extra-vigilant security will be with everyone’s hand luggage once it reopens? Make sure you pack clean undies, everyone! 

Go Commando!