Airport.

Billy kettlefish

32 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I’m at the airport supposed to be going to Liverpool in the red eye flight, we are stuck under the covered walkway near the plane. No information, poor. The covered walkway is an absolutely dirty, rusty and shattered window - embarrassing shop window for the island. Chris Thomas should get down here with his clipboard making lists. 

There are no red eye flights from IoM

"In commercial aviation, a red-eye flight is a flight scheduled to depart at night and arrive the next morning. The term "red-eye" derives from the symptom of having red eyes, which can be caused by fatigue."

• Like 1

Apparently a box had been left outside the Airport building, therefore a suspicious package (from a rel who's down there).

Maybe it's a new honesty box for the carpark. Or Reynolds and Spake's Revenge.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Apparently a box had been left outside the Airport building, therefore a suspicious package (from a rel who's down there).

Maybe it's a new honesty box for the carpark. Or Reynolds and Spake's Revenge.

Twitterati getting in a tizz over size of cordon.

I bet someone from Locate dumped a box a leaflets on their way in to the office.

• Haha 3

Just now, x-in-man said:

Police reveal a description of the box.

Large rectangular object with round items sticking out one end and a large projectile half hanging out the other.

4A1F4C31-16A3-49C6-B177-816A2B1ADBDA.thumb.jpeg.9d43a75afde3d5453683ea4c1fbd7d85.jpeg

Ho-Ho - not.

When you've lost a friend due to a bomb on a plane you respect these alerts, even if the collective services are over-reacting.

I appreciate the likelihood of a "suspicious package" being something of real danger is incredibly low... but what if?

Knowing how folk react on here to events just imagine the worst case scenario, does not bear thinking about. There would be cries that the airport should've done more, that the gov is to blame.

So maybe for once we let things play out and if it is nothing (which i am still inclined to say it will be) we can go back to complaining about ATC hours and baggage trolleys not working. 

• Like 1