Airport.

Billy kettlefish

18 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Airport workers have to ask the Police

I didn't actually see any airport workers asking the police... there was one busy body posting on multiple accounts saying their daughter worked at the airport and had to do X, Y and Z.

15 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

I didn't actually see any airport workers asking the police... there was one busy body posting on multiple accounts saying their daughter worked at the airport and had to do X, Y and Z.

There has been, it was a guy that said ‘ I work at the Airport, can I get into work or not’ and across the 3 different updates from IOM constabulary media page there has been quite a few asking for information because they haven’t heard anything…..

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, germann said:

Sounds like a false positive on the explosive screening swabs, and the neurotic security staff overreacted as per. 

I never understand the criticism about airport security. I would rather they do their jobs thouroughly than potentially put passengers lives at risk .   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, IOM said:

I never understand the criticism about airport security. I would rather they do their jobs thouroughly than potentially put passengers lives at risk .   

Agreed. People complaining about "they went through my whole bag", so what!? If you've got nothing to hide then it's better they're being thorough.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, germann said:

Sounds like a false positive on the explosive screening swabs, and the neurotic security staff overreacted as per. 

A couple of years ago when the bag checkers were doing their usual stuff (that I have not seen done at any other airport), one of the security staff but a swab from the next person in the queue's laptop into the checking device - which showed a red light. I went on a go-slow repacking my bag so that I could watch the action. The security person waved to a supervisor-type person who walked over, and without pause, pressed the reset button and walked away.