Airport.

Billy kettlefish

8 hours ago, IOM said:

I guess the airport has been a complete mess this morning. At least is appears EasyJet are trying to operate the flight rather than cancel . Loganair have had to cancel a few but I think that’s so they can operate the afternoon and evening schedule as normal as possible. 

I was booked on this morning’s easyJet flight, and have to praise them for the way they stuck with it, and kept us informed, while the over-reaction and nonsense was going on at Ronaldsway. It would have been very easy for them to cancel, but they persevered, reorganised the flying programme for the aircraft, and eventually arrived almost 4 hour late.

Then, we had started to board for the trip to Gatwick, when an ATC failure kicked-in. The Captain came into the lounge, explained the situation, and answered questions, as best he could. After another hour and a half, we eventually departed, and reached Gatwick about five and a half hours late.

easyJet have had lots of stick lately, and rightly so, and I’ve dished some of it out. But today, they, and their people, did go the extra mile, in difficult circumstances.

Perhaps, there is hope for aviation, and the Island.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Nellie said:

I was booked on this morning’s easyJet flight, and have to praise them for the way they stuck with it, and kept us informed, while the over-reaction and nonsense was going on at Ronaldsway. It would have been very easy for them to cancel, but they persevered, reorganised the flying programme for the aircraft, and eventually arrived almost 4 hour late.

Then, we had started to board for the trip to Gatwick, when an ATC failure kicked-in. The Captain came into the lounge, explained the situation, and answered questions, as best he could. After another hour and a half, we eventually departed, and reached Gatwick about five and a half hours late.

easyJet have had lots of stick lately, and rightly so, and I’ve dished some of it out. But today, they, and their people, did go the extra mile, in difficult circumstances.

https://www.easyjet.com/en/spirit

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Anyone said:

Question is why would any person or organisation want to bomb the Isle of Man? That in itself makes it a bit of an overreaction. Said terrorist would have to fly here to do it and the chances are his/her flight would be cancelled anyway so they’d be stuck in a Premier Inn at Gatwick or something.

I think you somewhat miss the point . The risk is a small airport can be used by someone ( in the view that the security may not be as strong ) who then flies to a bigger airport , transfers as a transit passenger , and then goes on to commit an atrocity . I repeat my point from yesterday it’s better to be safe than sorry ! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

20 years ago when Al Quaeda were the terrorist threat after 9/11 and some people supposedly had ricin poison posted to them, half a street in Douglas was locked down after somebody in an office noticed some white powder under a fire extinguisher on a wall IIRC?

Govt offices got evacuated around the same time when there was a parcel delivered with a mysterious white substance. A friend of mines dad was an MHK at the time.

15 hours ago, Derek Flint said:

This could have gone on forever. Looks like a protocol - driven over reaction. Needs someone on the ground to make a pragmatic risk and threat assessment and  decision.

Takes Cojones 

But surely the outsourced/3rd Party Security Director will have seen to all that, wouldn't they???

Copied from pprune:

"Both ILS systems are scheduled to be replaced during July. Runway 08 first followed by Runway 26.

It seems however, at times, both ILS systems will unavailable at the same time. Depending on cloud/ fog/ winds then some weather disruption to flights is inevitable. "

[

Also copied from pprune:

"They found an unexpected object on the runway today. It was later identified as an aircraft. "

]

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 6/16/2022 at 11:33 PM, Nellie said:

They certainly performed better that Loganair who just cancelled everything even though the planes, aircrew & passengers were all in IOM

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoTailT said:

RingGo changing its model. Rather than pre-selecting your parking time, you must end it manually when you move your car and it'll charge you correctly.

Forget to end it and continue to be charged...

That depends upon the car park. There are different implementations in different car parks. 

i have been trying to get a refund after I had paid for a couple of days parking  on Thursday when the armed police encircled the airport and all the flights were cancelled , cant  get anyone to answer the phone  at the  Ringo parking  and I am still trying to work out how you claim your money back ,

was much easier when you went to the front desk at the airport and a helpful young lady sorted you out , 

I agree with Alf Cannans comments government have got arrogant  and distant from the public ,  this parking app is going to be a noose around the departments neck , lets get back to a system at the airport thats user friendly  for all its customers  both IT  literate and those who are not 

• Thanks 4

30 minutes ago, Omobono said:

have been trying to get a refund after I had paid for a couple of days parking  on Thursday when the armed police encircled the airport and all the flights were cancelled , cant  get anyone to answer the phone  at the  Ringo parking

I made a post here earlier (I cannot remember when). The general content was that Ringo does not give refunds - they just collect money on behalf of some organisation. If you want a refund you have to go to the organisation running the car park.

1 minute ago, Two-lane said:

I made a post here earlier (I cannot remember when). The general content was that Ringo does not give refunds - they just collect money on behalf of some organisation. If you want a refund you have to go to the organisation running the car park.

just another reason to cut out the middle man and deal direct  with someone at the airport , it would be a good question to see what Ring go charge in commission , for their services , and would that income not be better paid direct into government coffers ,  I am just waiting  for Manx telecom to be off one morning  or working on the network , there will be some fun then , Chris Thomas please take note 

• Thanks 1